Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is this just the Jackson Version of a 750XL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is this just the Jackson Version of a 750XL?

could be a nice score for someone (me)
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Nice!
    Bet that doesn't stay low for very long.
    -Rick

Comment

If you do want to score it, I am not sure that posting it on here is the best idea...

Comment

Similar to the 750XL, but I believe the Jackson has a slimmer body and is neck-thru instead of set neck.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nah I just scored a soloist Pro (see other thread) and bought a Charvel Fusion custom for my daughter.
          I can't be having all these new guitars showing up at my house all at once.
          The Wifey would start asking questions
          One at a time I can slide them in
          (I wanted to give you guys a heads up over here that this was available.)
          Still waitng for an answer to my Question

Comment

the Jackson is set neck as well., that's why I 'm wondering.

Comment

Yeah, I just saw your other thread. Lovely score.

Edit: Do the 750XL and the Jackson both have ebony fingerboards?

Edit 2: Just read the listing and it doesn't. I thought the AT pros did...
              Last edited by RunDMC; 07-21-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I don't think either have ebony?

Comment

This guy is totally confused about what he has and where it was made; he should be set straight & IMO at least revise the listing as to the USA part.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                    the Jackson is set neck as well., that's why I 'm wondering.
                    Ah, okay. Thought the Jackson was neck-thru. I remember someone posting pics of them side-by-side, and the Jackson was thinner. Found some info on Henrik's site about them. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, the Archtop Pro has a thinner body, and ebony board. The 750XL has a rosewood board.

I think that the AT Pro has a fully recessed trem as well (but I'm not entirely sure).
                      The 750XL has a non-recessed trem, with the neck angle to match.

Comment

Curses. I was hoping no one saw this one. I've been looking for an archtop pro series for a long time. Oh well.
                        Last edited by Forrest; 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM.
                        I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Ah, okay. Thought the Jackson was neck-thru. I remember someone posting pics of them side-by-side, and the Jackson was thinner. Found some info on Henrik's site about them. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm
                          That is my photo of the side by side . Same specs a 750XL minus the rosewood and painted logo as long as the 750 is a trans top . The 750s I owned were heavier than any of the ATs I own .

I emailed the guy and told him what he had . He thanked me and said he would revise the listing . I guess he does not want the money he could get with the proper title.

Sunbane is correct fully recessed trems on the AT PRO
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Part of the revision:
                            "I was told when I bought this years ago it was a USA Jackson made in Ontario Canada." :think:
                            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Some people won't do research.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X