Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is this just the Jackson Version of a 750XL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the guys on here who own one of these (or a 750XL) do you find them any easier to play,
    or more difficult becuase of the shorter scale?
    Or do you not even notice?
    the more I look at this the more I want it.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I find the short scale slightly easier to play, but pretty much only when it comes to radical stretches. I have short, stubby fingers, and the shorter scale does help in some rare cases.

Comment

I have owned a 750xl and currently own two Soloist AT Pros, and here's my take:

--they sound identical. I had the chance to play my 750 with a TOM bridge through the same rig as an AT Pro w/TOM, and I couldn't tell any difference.

--The Floyd bridge on the AT Pro is partially recessed, and the neck is still slightly angled. Not as much so as the 750, though.

--The thinner body on the AT Pro doesn't make it any more or less comfortable than the 750, in my experience. To me, they are simply slight variations on the same basic guitar.

--The short scale gives them a different sound than regular Soloist with less string tension. Playing in the upper is more difficult on the 750/AT Pro because of the short fret spacing and ultra jumbo frets. By comparison, a Les Paul isn't so bad in the upper register because of the smaller frets.

My take. Buy either one at some point if you get a chance. They are great guitars with no modern equivalent in the J/C line.

Comment

If you can get along with a LP or SG you should have no problems with the AT or 750XL. If you have long fingers and feel cramped on a 25.5 scale I would not bother. For me it is the prefect guitar as I have short stubby fingers and the 24.75 scale is easier for me to play . I started on a 25.5 scale an really like the tension on the strings . So all my 24.75 scale guitars have 11-50s to make up the difference . Any lower than D you need look into 12 or 13 gauge strings so they do not feel like rubber bands IMO .
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

that fucker is going to bring money. just watch.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

So did anyone from here get it? Because it went for cheap.
              I only need one more guitar.

Comment

not me I was out and missed the end of the auction.
                shit that was a deal.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Damn, somebody got a really good deal.

Comment

well then............ looks like I was wrong again.

good thing I wasnt in the market for guitar or that one would have been on its way here.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Yeah I had a watch on this too, can't believe it ended so low! Killer guitar thats pretty damn rare.

Comment

Working...
                      X