Bridge pickup replacement on a DK2 - Looking for VH1 tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge pickup replacement on a DK2 - Looking for VH1 tone

I recently purchased a Jackson Dinky DK2 Pro made in japan which carries 1 JB TB-4 bridge pickup and 2 Stk single coil (HSS) configuration. I have always liked the tone Eddie Van Halen has on Van Halen 1 album. What Seymour Duncan model do you recommend as replacement to get this type of tone? Custom Custom TB-11 or Seymour Duncan 78? If not which model?

The Duncan 78 is the one they designed to get as close to that sound as they could. I think the RTM is probably close to that too but probably a little higher output. I have no direct experience with either model myself though.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by jalexquijano View Post
      I recently purchased a Jackson Dinky DK2 Pro made in japan which carries 1 JB TB-4 bridge pickup and 2 Stk single coil (HSS) configuration. I have always liked the tone Eddie Van Halen has on Van Halen 1 album. What Seymour Duncan model do you recommend as replacement to get this type of tone? Custom Custom TB-11 or Seymour Duncan 78? If not which model?

i used a GFS VEH for a bit. Was really impressed with that pickup

Comment

I believe you can order an "EVH" pickup from the custom shop at Seymour Duncan.

See this article:

www.legendarytones.com/evh%20pickup.html

Comment

Well I guess you'd need a Gibson PAF dipped in wax. Cause that's what he had in the Frankenstrat.

Comment

Yeah, a Gibson PAF from a 335
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Dimarzio PAF

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                Well I guess you'd need a Gibson PAF dipped in wax. Cause that's what he had in the Frankenstrat.
                +1

the amplification method that he used was probably the biggest part of that sound and starting with a moderate output pickup is on the right track.
                My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Working...
                X