question about the trem on a KE5FR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the trem on a KE5FR

Allright im hoping someone knows this as ive done alot of searches and no one seems to know the real answer. What exactly is the tremelo on the KE5FR? in the pics it clearly says FLOYD ROSE with no licensed by on it. On the jackson site it says its a floyd rose FRT-02000. It looks like an original but is it? some say its an OFR thats just assembled in asia but out of the german parts. Others say its a completely asian made trem thats not as good as the german floyd. So what says all of you? has anyone looked at the base plate to see where its made?

SORRY GUYS LOOKED A LITTLE MORE AND FOUND IT>
    Last edited by Tmoran; 07-25-2010, 02:35 PM.

Found the information. Sorry.

Comment

Hey please link the information! I too wanna know.

Comment

its a genuine floy but made in korea iv heard

Comment

Like a Ping Floyd?

Comment

No. A ping is licensed. The FRT-02000 is completely backed by FR and is supposed to be the same specs as the german OFR. Same thing just made in Korea.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

yeah its a product that is made actually in china ive read. It says floyd rose on it and for the most part looks exactly like the german floyd only the saddles are slightly beveled on the backside. It makes no indication on it that its not an OFR. Its a missleading piece. From what people have said its not as high quality as the german units but not as horrible as some of the lower cost licensed pieces out there. With floyds site being under construction theres not alot of info out there. No one seems to know what its made out of or if the main plate is heat treated. The general assumption is that its floyd roses way of taking back some of the market lost to all the licensed versions out there. I hate to be a pessimist but i cant see an asian floyd being up to snuff with the german unit or they would all be asian if the quality was really there.

here is a link to the older thread discussing it. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/827...oyd+rose+02000

Comment

The Korean OFR that came on my pro mod is just fine I have no problem with it at all.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm sure its the same one on a RR24 & RR5FR and they act & feel identical to the OFR on my RR1 & the guitars I bought them for. I never thought anything of it until I read this post.
                  Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                  http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Im sure it performs. I think most peoples concern is if its going to last. Supposedly the korean floyd is also heat treated. But like I said i think most peoples concerns are of longevity of the unit. Ive had many supposedly "good" floyd copys have the knife edges flatten out or roll over and tuning was a bitch. My question is really if the korean unit is really just as good as the german unit but cheaper, why even still have the german unit. Oh wait for snobs like me, thats right.

Comment

Working...
                    X