Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What reverse headstock necks have binding non reverse sharkies and are thin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What reverse headstock necks have binding non reverse sharkies and are thin.

I have a limited edition jackson that the neck has the dxmg profile and it's too thick for my liking. I prefer the thinner profile of the DK2(if there are no reverse headstock ones I'm going to get a dk2 neck).
    Are there any older models that fit the profile? Thin binding reverse headstock non reverse sharkies?

None that I can think of, and I've been watching for a long time. Come to think of it, the DXMG might be the only reverse with binding, ever, in a production model.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Comment

I've said this a million times. There are thin and thick years.

My DK2 is a baseball bat (2003? - no S/N).

I bought a 2008 DXMG used at GC that had a shredder thin neck for $249, but took it back because I thought it was too much because it didn't come with a case. That was a mistake.

I don't trust import necks for thin or thickness. Either buy in person or expect to do a lot of buying and selling. With your shipping record, that's not a good idea.

Comment

With your shipping record, that's not a good idea.
          I have bought and sold a lot of guitars with rarely an issue. they're just catching up to be all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            I have bought and sold a lot of guitars with rarely an issue. they're just catching up to be all at once.

yep, I got a dk off Rich once. packed great...I have never had a neck break, but really looking forward to that shit : )
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 07-31-2010, 05:09 PM.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I just recently purchased a 1987 Jackson Soloist with reverse headstock and binding (and non-reversed shark inlays)... So I have an exception to the rule?

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
              None that I can think of, and I've been watching for a long time. Come to think of it, the DXMG might be the only reverse with binding, ever, in a production model.

Comment

Originally posted by gnolivos View Post
                I just recently purchased a 1987 Jackson Soloist with reverse headstock and binding (and non-reversed shark inlays)... So I have an exception to the rule?
                If it's a 1987 Jackson, it's a USA model and is a Custom, as everything was custom made back then. This is the import section and only talking about import necks. And a Soloist would be a neck-thru, a Dinky would be a bolt-on.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You sir, are absolutely correct. Apologies for not noting the import nature of this section! What a terrible way for me to make an entry to this forum. Sorry about that.

Comment

LOL No problem. Welcome to the forum.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by gnolivos View Post
                      You sir, are absolutely correct. Apologies for not noting the import nature of this section! What a terrible way for me to make an entry to this forum. Sorry about that.
                      Well you certainly sound gracious. I think you'll be all right here.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well I will post some good pics of the new acquisition (in the appropriate section) in a few days. I think you guys will like this red metallic 1987 Soloist with shark inlays and reverse pointy!

Comment

Friend has a DXMG (maybe year 2000ish?) with a neck thinner than my SL2H, 650XL, DK2. Only neck that was comparable was my 1986 Model 6. So yes DonP is 100% correct about thin and thick years.
                          Guitars:
                          Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
                          Ibanez S520EX
                          Jackson DK2M

Comment

Shave it..
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I picked up a 2005 DXMG neck and this one is about the same as a SL2H neck. Bought it in person to make sure I like the profile. It came with a metallic black headstock - odd.

Comment

Working...
                              X