Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD 1990 Soloist Pro has arrived, going old school!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EPB View Post
    The guitar looks amazing!
    As I've never owned a USA Jackson can someone tell me how these really compare to a USA soloist as I might have the opportunity to buy one (early 90's soloist pro) soon but as my GAS far exceeds my funds I'm wondering should I pass it by and keep saving my money for a US model?

I have a few Pros [my main guiter is a Pro Kelly] and they are on par with any USA made ones that I have played Imo
    Money well spent!
    I got my Kelly for $700 shipped and it is killer!!

Comment

Well I have a USA SL2H-Mah (that's my main player) I have tuned to E 440 (standard) and I had
      been looking for another 24 fretter for my E Flat stuff. This came up on ebay out of no where and at a
      great price so I thought I'd check it out.
      Differences that I've seen so far.
      #1. The hardware on my USA is better. OFR VS Schaller(Jackson branded). I know these Schallers get rave reviews from many
      people , but to me nothing feels like as OFR.
      #2. Duncans VS Jackson pickups.
      I would"ve preferred the same duncans you'd get in a USA SL1 but these actually aren't that bad.
      the 2 singles sound pretty good. The Bridge pickup (so far) has been a love hate thing with me, one minute I rally like
      and the next I hate it.
      #3 Maple neck thru/Poplar wings VS either Maple/Alder or all Mahogany.
      my SL2H is a Mah and it's got a nice flamed top on it.
      Poplar for the most part is a lousy looking piece of wood but sounds very similar to Alder(supposedly)
      so you get a lot of solid finishes on poplar bodies.
      both have ebony boards, both have 6100 wire , both have beaufitully done fret jobs and
      binding on them. BOTH have real MOP inlays and Logo
      Both play really well, I have been playing the shit out of this since I got it.
      I don't know if the fret board radius is the same on these as it is on the USA models (anyone here know?)
      but I can shred as well on this as I can on my SL2H . (now shred is a relative term here
      for the money I paid???? if I could find more at that price I'd have 4 of them.
      Shit for $100.00 more it would be a no brainer, this is a pretty smoking guitar.
      I'd love to A/B it against a 1990 USA soloist tht was painted a solid color and see if I could tell the difference.
      I used to have an 88 USA Custom shop and this one plays better than that one did.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Only thing I'll add is if you are looking to change to duncans, here's the thread I had about the Classic Stacks (SL1). http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109...Classic-Stacks
        I love the JB, Duckbucker, and Little '59 in my Model 6 (same woods as the Soloist Pro but has a quilted maple top now). I'm thinking I'm going to put them in the Pro now too but with a Custom instead of the JB.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Damn it... won't let me edit.

OOPS.. just realized your SL2H-MAH has the Classic Stack HB so you have an idea what they sound like. Maybe be just a bit brighter sounding with the poplar... Soooo.. nevermind..

Comment

Congrats. I remember Kevin Easton saying that the Jackson electronics (gain boost, mid boost, mid wah sweep) will work with any passive pickups, just they sound better with Jackson pickups.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually my SL2H has a jb and a jazz. It's H/H not H/s/s
              Ironically the pot that controls the boost is stripped. So now I
              am on the fence about just changing the pot and leaving everything as is (cheapest way obviously)
              or to pull out everything and drop in an SH-5 at the bridge and a SSL -4 1/4 pounder in the neck, that I just
              happen to have in my parts box. I also have a jackson J-100 ( I pulled these out of my old San Dimas snake).
              what to do , what to do??????
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Tough decision, Nick. Sweet looking soloist pro!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  Only thing I'll add is if you are looking to change to duncans, here's the thread I had about the Classic Stacks (SL1). http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109...Classic-Stacks
                  I love the JB, Duckbucker, and Little '59 in my Model 6 (same woods as the Soloist Pro but has a quilted maple top now). I'm thinking I'm going to put them in the Pro now too but with a Custom instead of the JB.
                  That Model 6 sounds VERY familiar...was it cream colored when you got it, with a finish crack down the back of the neck?
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

No. It was purple. I'd always wanted to do a quilted maple top so I got it from len and went at it. I love it now. Here's the pictorial if you're interested. http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...xes/Model%206/

Comment

What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
                      My friend has a 91 and he wants $800.00

Comment

Originally posted by pipsqueak View Post
                        What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
                        My friend has a 91 and he wants $800.00
                        Some friend

Comment

Sweet guitar, man! Identical to mine, save for some insanely hot Schaller (looks like the Schaller version of SD Parallel Axis) and Seymour Duncans instead of the Jackos! Is yours equipped with an OFR? Mine's got a Schaller Made in Germany Floyd - they are just as good, if not better than OFRs!
                          "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
                          '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
                          '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
                          '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
                          '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Working...
                          X