JS Series Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS Series Kelly

So my old lady's little brother got a JS32T kelly for his birthday. at first it seemed like a great guitar. Mind you when he got it, it was not set up properly at all. Very low action, lots of buzz, neck was not adjusted, no relief, not intonated etc...... Aside from that the actual quality of the neck and body were pretty good. I didn't notice any defects. Until I tuned the thing. The nut was absolutely terrible. The slots for the strings were so shallow that once in tune you could actually pull the top 3 strings out of the slots without much effort. Has any body had much experience with these guitars? I told the kids dad to take the guitar back and the shop should warranty the nut because it's absolutely garbage. I told him to upgrade it to a graphtech or something of that nature. and string it with some decent strings. Hopefully it's a different guitar when he gets it back because right now, it doesn't seem like it's worth $300. Hell I bought my COW 6 for $299.

I'll take a COW6 for $299 plz.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I couldn't pass that guitar up. It was brand new too

Comment

I'm sorry but I hate it when people compare a $1000 guitar that they bought for a crazy price compared to a regular priced guitar.
        I don't know about the nut on these but I tried out a few of the JS series the other day along with some other brands guitars and these seem to blow away the more expensive guitars made in indonesia(probably no matter what brand all made by samick) and china.
        The only issue I saw was the rosewood boards looked a little pail like micheal jackson.

Comment

There are so many great older used guitars out there I don't see why anyone would buy one of these. I'd take a used KE3 over a new JS any day.

Comment

I've got a JS rhoads and it plays pretty nice for a low end guitar. Any guitar you buy should get a good professional setup IMO though, as it'll make a world of difference in how it plays.

Comment

In response to DonP, sometimes some people want something cheap new rather than something better but with dings and wear.

Comment

I once bought a JS-1 for £150. It was much better than the BC Rich shitloader Ironbird at £525 I bought and later exchanged for a WRMG.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  I once bought a JS-1 for £150. It was much better than the BC Rich shitloader Ironbird at £525 I bought and later exchanged for a WRMG.
                  Knowing you with your Warriors I bet you don't regret that a single bit. XD
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I like the JS Series because hard tail Jacksons are almost impossible to find.

Comment

Originally posted by budgolf View Post
                      I like the JS Series because hard tail Jacksons are almost impossible to find.
                      +1 This is why I got my cheapo Kelly JS30.
                      Last edited by BenoA; 09-01-2010, 07:23 PM. Reason: typo
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                      X