Dk2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2s

I called an ad on CL and the guy told me this guitar was in a car accident that killed the kid who owned this. It has scratches all over it but no breaks, all in all it plays great after I set it up. I noticed that it has an SH-14 which I didn't expect, I thought these had JB's. The middle pup was not there and a fine tuner was bent but its all working now, except the Sustainiac. I don't know what's wrong with it, would removing the middle pup affect it?

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

The middle pup is not part of the sustainiac system and is automatically turned off when the sustainer is on.

Comment

Wtf lol.

Comment

I'll have to have it looked at, me and my bud are playing it now, plays great and this sh14 really sounds good.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
          Wtf lol.
          I would have passed on this one, too--lol...

Comment

Well, I got a great playing DK2 (- the S that dosn't work, yet) for $100, just has a bunch of scratches. Plus the kid was on his way to a gig when he was killed and I'm sure his mom wanted this stuff gone.

Comment

And a hardshell Jackson case

Comment

I highly doubt the dubious background story.
                While it may be true that it was in a car accident, etc, those scratches don't look like car accident-related damage to me.
                They're more like "psychopath with a knife"-related damage.

That thing aside, you got a great deal for sure.
                I personally wouldn't pass on a guitar just because of cosmetic damage.
                As long as it plays and sounds well, it's all good.
                Play the living daylights out of it!

Comment

100 bucks? You stole that. If it bothers you so much, get it stripped and refinished.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    I highly doubt the dubious background story.
                    While it may be true that it was in a car accident, etc, those scratches don't look like car accident-related damage to me.
                    They're more like "psychopath with a knife"-related damage.

That thing aside, you got a great deal for sure.
                    I personally wouldn't pass on a guitar just because of cosmetic damage.
                    As long as it plays and sounds well, it's all good.
                    Play the living daylights out of it!
                    +1,000,000!!!

That is positively, no F'ing way, accident damage. Some girlfriend or wife caught him fucking a groupy and got even by taking it out on his axe.

Comment

Lol, could be. The elderly man I went to visit had the kids amp and acoustic guitar (all smashed) and said his mother wanted him to sell her dead son's stuff. I got the Sustainiac working this morning! The prob was the connection at the battery box itself. When engaged it works great with no noise, when I turn the unit off however there is a very noticable hiss going on. So far I got no clue, hopefully a bad solder joint in the bypass circut. Anyone else have a noisy Sustainiac when disengaged?

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        If it bothers you so much, get it stripped and refinished.
                        What can be done about the scratches on the finger board?

Comment

Pull the frets, relevel and radius the board until the scratches are gone, they look to be pretty deep. Not a cheap job by any means.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Just play it and grin.

Comment

Indeed, i'd play it like that until it needed new frets (if you keep it that long) and then have the fretboard touched up when the frets are off.

I love trans black guitars, i've been wanting one for quite some time but can't quite seem to get the winning bid on any.
                              Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                              http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Working...
                              X