NGD... well sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD... well sort of

Just got my KV4 back from being painted and needless to say I am absolutely pleased with the final result. The Platinum finish on the guitar was way to dull looking and it had multiple dings & scratches with a small part of the tip of the wing had been broken and was horribly re-glued. I have been waiting for this for 4 weeks, (1 week shipping, 2 weeks painting and 1 week shipping back). It also received all new hardware (except for the nut, had to put on the old, new one needs shims) and a brass block from Keith (hoockey on ebay) and new cavity plates from Dave @ FOTN including a custom made one for the pot/switch cavity. The old factory one didn't fit to my likings. Of course it being a neck-thru guitar I had to furnish a new Jackson logo, so the headstock had to be level and filled with clear to accommodate for the thickness of the decal. I even had the bevels painted black just to give the guitar some more kick and to break up the flake a bit. I think the guitar turned out excellent. Here are some pics of it, which really don't do it justice. As soon as I set the guitar outside after assembling all morning it just lit up like a Christmas tree with blue, red, white sparkles just hitting you in the face like a hammer.. I almost had to come back in and get my sunglasses!

Last edited by CKJ; 08-07-2010, 01:29 PM.
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Nice!!!

Comment

Nice! Who did the paintwork?
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Love it! Congrats.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! It was well worth the wait!

Rob - Marty Bell was the wielder of the gun on this paint job!
          Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Haha I knew it!! He LOVES doing those sparkle jobs and does a great job on em! Ill be sending him something eventually.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

He definitely does an awesome job and he does love those sparkles! I told him I wanted a metallic that wasn't real big and he delivered. During the numerous emails he told me it would take 2 weeks to complete, which I felt was really good. So i shipped the guitar on a Monday, he received it a week later and contacted me 2 weeks from that Monday he received it (this past one) saying it was complete. So you really can't ask for anything any better IMO.

I have a bad feeling i'm going to end up selling some of my fleet because I simply won't play them anymore. I don't know what it is but this is the best playing one I have. Now that it looks just as good as it plays there's no sense in keeping guitars that just take up space.

Rob, be sure to post up some pics of the final product!
              Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Marty is very very good. Nice fiddle!

Comment

thats a damn nice looking guitar. congrats!!!
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Holy shit that is beautiful o.O
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

It's fantastic! Congrats! =)

Comment

Thanks guys!
                        Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
                          I have a bad feeling i'm going to end up selling some of my fleet because I simply won't play them anymore. I don't know what it is but this is the best playing one I have. Now that it looks just as good as it plays there's no sense in keeping guitars that just take up space.
                          I would find it hard to decide which of my guitars I'd sell. I seem to have a favourite every day.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That looks great! - One more nudge toward sending a guitar out to Marty myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X