New to the forum -got some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum -got some questions

Hey guy - I'm new here however I have been hanging out here for the last month or so. A while back I bought a DK2M and liked it so much i am intending on making another one . I ended up trading around and got a DK2M neck with some other stuff I can't use . I am intending on buying a basswood dkmg body, blocking the hole where the volume knob is off (because it always get's in my way). I plan to use an APC persuader lead pickup for the bridge pup. However i have some questions- which decently priced (Duncan Jazz type )humbucker to use in the neck, and which JT-580LP (Jackson or takeuchi) or other quality bridges that don't break the bank, and have good tuning stability that i should use.

Any help would be appreciated greatly. Gee... I can hang out all day here .
    The Yellow and Black Attack!

I was also considering getting a performer series body because i heard they are alder

Comment

The Duncan '59 is popular in the neck position--Dimebag used it a lot. If you like his tone on some of the solos he recorded it might be worth trying.

The Takeuchi version of the JT580LP has a wider baseplate and might be a tight fit for some 580 recesses. The two that I have both have brass blocks (painted black) instead of the pot metal casting that comes with most other JT580LP's.

Comment

I like the Jazz in the neck.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

DKMG's are all archtop. From what I found they're poplar in '02 (EMG HZ's and AB) but in '06 they are alder with EMG 81/85. Not sure when in between the change was. DXMG is flat top and basswood with HZ's (at least in '06).

I like the Jazz and the '59 so no choice there.

And I've never had a problem with any of the JT580LP's I've had. I guess I like the 1994 one that has the squared baseplate. I Can't say why but it just feels right on my Model 6.

Look at the top sticky post on the "General" section and you can see specs on what body you want in the catalog scans.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I was at one point considering getting a DK2M neck myself, only it would be bolted to a WRMG or WRXT body, painted snow white. The only WR-xx bodies I seem to find on ebay are all trans finishes though.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks for correcting me on that on warlok - I woulda said dkmg forever lol. What do you guys think of the ping floyds?

Comment

Working...
              X