No announcement yet.

Jackson Soloist Pro J-50C battery life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Pro J-50C battery life?

Hey!
    I've got a Jackson Soloist Pro from 1990 and I brought it with last week to rehearsal with my band. The first thing that comes out of the amp is the sound of a cat being strangled. My bassist gives me the look and the first words that come out of my mouth are "Fuck, the battery is dead!" And I had of course not brought with me a spare one. So out came the Squier strat with a remarkably high output humbucker(seeing as it's a cheap Squier and all)!

Anyway. What I am wondering is if the
    J50-C
    J-200
    JE-1200 mid boost

pickup set drains battery more than an EMG set would? Cause my bassist's got EMGs in his bass and he hasn't had the need to change in almost a year and at this one gig I told the guitarist in a different band that if his strings or battery break or dies, he can always use my guitar to which he replied "I only need to change my battery like once a year."

Here's a picture of my guitar to the right with the owner before me taken 1990.

Btw! Check out my thrash band: http://www.myspace.com/sixinlinethrash
    Last edited by algeriet; 08-18-2010, 08:14 PM.

EMG's amps are smaller and might be an IC unlike Jackson's larger components. The larger circuit would use more power.

Comment

Working...
    X