New toy! Big pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy! Big pics.

SLSMG. Based on the serial number would I be correct in saying it's a 2004?

It's the model with the passive EMG-HZs, I will be replacing them with the EMG 81TW-X and 89-X as you can see, for some singlecoil/humbucker dualmode action. For some reason, I can't resist monkeying with my guitars...

I've seen threads saying both ways... does anyone know FOR SURE what type of locking tuners might fit on one of these bad boys?

Comment

Originally posted by cixelsyd View Post
      SLSMG. Based on the serial number would I be correct in saying it's a 2004?
      Yes, you would!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I even made sure to get all of the headstock in the pics, just for you, RacerX. Yes, I know it's not the signature Jackson pointy style.

Comment

I even made sure to get all of the headstock in the pics, just for you, RacerX.
          You're awesome; I don't care what all the other JCFers are saying about you!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Harpoon head

Comment

I want one of these, along with a SLS3 and a SL2H but we can't have everything enjoy your new guitar+pups!
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I love this headstock. On some models it works. This is one of those models.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

I've seen threads saying both ways... does anyone know FOR SURE what type of locking tuners might fit on one of these bad boys?
                  Assuming the tuners in your guitar are the usual Gotoh type then Gotoh Magnum Locks would fit fine.

Comment

That's a shot of the back of the headstock. I just want to be sure before I spring for something. I notice the arrangement of the tuners is a little weird, not like a regular 3+3 configuration.

Comment

I like that headstock too. Hoping to someday stumble onto steal on an SLS. I also want to find one of the bolt-on versions of that neck for a future project.
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Comment

Also, any other suggestions/information on locking tuners?

Comment

Fuck yeah. I'm glad you like it! I was sad to part with it, but it looks like you are doing it justice.

On my 3 other SLSMGs i use schallers, they fit without any drilling and work really well, I'll get you a link in a few seconds.

Comment

I always found sls model to be a tad on the trebly side. Maybe an 85 would do better in the bridge?

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              You're awesome; I don't care what all the other JCFers are saying about you!
                              Awwww Ron, looks like you might have found yourself a forum bff! How cute and he can spell!
                              Last edited by levantin; 09-10-2010, 02:24 PM.
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X