So I got my Soloist Pro back from my tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my Soloist Pro back from my tech

and holy shit what an improvement in sound.
    I had him yank out all of the active crap and I had him drop in a Duncan TB-5 in the bridge, and 1/4 pounder in the middle and a lil59er in the neck.
    this is a really "hot" sounding guitar, very lively and reasonant (good wood)
    Huge improvement in tone from all 3 pickups but what he also did was move the volume pot back one and the tone pot back and plugged the front pot.
    I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!!
    the only thing about Jacksons that has ever pissed me off is how close the volume knob is to the strings.
    I'm going to bring him my SL2H-Mah and have him yank the tone and move the volume pot back there and make it a push/pull so I can split the Jazz in the neck.
    My sweep picking is suddenly 3 times cleaner just because I can actually positon my right hand where it should be without turning myself down on every sweep
    He does amazing setups as well, this thing really plays like butter now

Last edited by kmanick; 09-01-2010, 07:04 AM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Thats fucking awesome.

Your tech uses the same method as me (yank tone/move volume back/plug hole) it took me forever to find those plugs though.

Comment

I'm doing the exact same thing with mine. Deciding if I want to put a SD Distortion in (that I already have) or buy a Custom. But It will get the Little '59, not sure about the middle yet, and same blank/vol/tone setup with a push/pull coil split on the volume.. Where do we find those plugs??
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

what the hell is a solosit? you mean a stool?....j/k thats awesome man. yeah where can we get some of those plugs

Comment

GTWGITS, ya dummy!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I can't remember who but I remember someone posting recently that they bought hundreds of them from somewhere.. Axeweilder maybe??
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

my tech has the plugs, I don't know whre he gets them.
              I tried to fix the header (I know I spelled soloist wrong)
              but Edit doesn't let me change the title?

Comment

Very nice man, I too need to move the volume or change the knob to a lower profile strat knob, never understood that one. Glad your digging it!
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Very sexy and clean looking guitar.
                  Well done

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                    I tried to fix the header (I know I spelled soloist wrong)
                    but Edit doesn't let me change the title?
                    Fixed. Only admins can change the titles for some reason.
                    Sweet guitar! How's the Quarter Pounder? I've always wanted to try one of those.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the 1/4 pounder in the middle sounds great, Steve(my tech) has it a bit lower to balance against
                      the lil 59 er and it stays out of my way as well, it's a loud single but it's not muddy at all.
                      I've used them in other guitars before in the neck position, they're really ballsy singles.

Comment

Sweet! I've got a Strat project laying around with an old SD pickguard that's H/S. I've got a DiMarzio Cruiser for it now, but may need to get me a QP for it to help balance the sound with the bridge humbucker better.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like my middle pickups really low; I'd like to do a RW/RP Quarter Pounder with flat poles in the middle position of my Strat.

Comment

Looks great bro - that's a sweet looking soloist.

Comment

hey I didn't realize you were over here too.
                              cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X