new js series now with floyds :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I think they are making more money by increasing the prices on the professionals to stupid levels, increasing the prices on the mid level to the price level the professionals used to be and raising the bar on the cheap ones and increasing the prices. A lot of other brands have made there $400ish guitars made in china or indonesia.
    I smell Fender.

Years ago, when I had the money to spend, I bought a 52RI Fender tele and brand new, it was about $1300 in all. I've heard those are now more like $1700 due to Fender raising their prices across the board.

I bought a DK2 pro a couple of months ago and it cost me $700, new and with HSC. I didn't think that was too bad. The guitar is excellent. Is $700 for one of those high? Or are they raising those prices?

Comment

I think these new JS models look great! Beginner grade guitars have certainly improved since I started playing in '87!

Comment

Originally posted by 26bond View Post
        I think these new JS models look great! Beginner grade guitars have certainly improved since I started playing in '87!
        +1 Except...

Me was '86...
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

They should offer Tobacco burst instead of the burnt cherry garbage. I had to Custom order mine! On a more serious note, they probably shouldn't because all I would own would be Tobacco burst guitars. my Fender is tobacco burst too (not the '79)... lol
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
            +1 Except...

Me was '86...
            Damn....Owned on my debut post!

Comment

Welcome to the forum 26bond! Hope you'll enjoy it here.
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                I like the Tobacco Sunburst, if that counts for anything.
                They oughta offer the Tobacco Sunburst on them all.

Comment

Originally posted by alex9152 View Post
                  They oughta offer the Tobacco Sunburst on them all.
                  I agree. It is my favourite burst. I hate cherry bursts. Amber or Tobacco for me. Or a solid trans.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Isn't the one I posted above a Tobacco burst? :think:
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

Isn't the one I posted above a Tobacco burst? :think:
                      Yes, but we meant on all the Jacksons, like the USAs too.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        Yes, but we meant on all the Jacksons, like the USAs too.
                        Yes, indeed, they should? How come only that "India made" series gets the that color treatment?
                        JB aka BenoA

Comment

Yes, indeed, they should? How come only that "India made" series gets the that color treatment?
                          Maybe the Indian factory is the only one who does that finish?

I originally meant that all of the JS3 models should have tobacco sunburst, though, but I'll extend it to that plus anything vaguely strat shaped.

Comment

Just purchased a brand new JS32 Warrior.

The body is made out of something called "Cedro," and I'm not able to find much info on this type of wood, other than people saying, "It sucks," which, of course, usually comes from those who have either never heard of it, or have never played a guitar made out of it?

Aside from the basic, "It sucks," comments, I've just found info regarding that the wood is used for a lot of acoustics. I would think this would be a good tone wood, considering most people would want their acoustic to have some sustain and a nice "ring" to it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the wood, and unplugged, it rings out louder than my Warmoth, which has an Alder body and Maple/Maple neck. Plugged in, they pretty much match each other in terms of output. IMO, the JS32 also sustains pretty nicely.

I'm sure there are people who will always knock Jackson's low lines of instruments, as with any other products, but I've been around guitars for a while, and IMO, the JS32 instruments are very nice. While the setup sucked, after some tweaks, it plays just as nicely as anything else I've ever played. With a few tremolo adjustments, slight work on the string action, and a truss-rod adjustment, this guitar plays extremely nicely. I have not had issues with bad tuning keys, wobbly electronics, a muddy sound, etc.

Good job, Jackson, good job...

Comment

Originally posted by Torment Leaves Scars View Post
                              Just purchased a brand new JS32 Warrior.

The body is made out of something called "Cedro," and I'm not able to find much info on this type of wood,
                              You can use the search box here....put in cedro...anyway, I wrote a JS series review thread (7 years ago!) where cedro is discussed at length; here it is: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/455...ighlight=cedro
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                You can use the search box here....put in cedro...anyway, I wrote a JS series review thread (7 years ago!) where cedro is discussed at length; here it is: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/455...ighlight=cedro
                                Thanks for posting! I haven't read every post on that thread, but I saw people more concerned with where the guitar was made (India) than anything else.

I gotta say, when I picked up my Warrior and saw the "Made In India" sticker on the backside of the neck, I panicked...BIG TIME. I made sure to look at EVERYTHING prior to buying, and I mean, EVERYTHING.

Well, after having lived with this guitar for just over 2 weeks now, and spending HOURS playing it, I have to say that I am very pleased with it, despite its location of manufacturing.

My cousin has a JS32 RR, and I just got to inspect his last weekend. It's the same thing with his, the frets are not sharp, the paint looks good, it stays in tune, and it just plays very well. Despite these guitars being made in India, they truly are nice instruments.

In the end, I don't want to sound like some rabid defender of my new guitar, but honestly, the doubters of those who think they are quality instruments at an affordable price really owe it to themselves to check these out. I know it's hard to put the "India" name aside, but just...try it.

Thursday night I stopped by the store where I bought my guitar, and I played a JS32 Kelly back to back with a KE3 Kelly, and honestly, there wasn't much difference in the way the two played. Most of the difference was cosmetic, IMO. Yes, the KE3 looked nicer, but it also had that really nice transparent green finish, or whatever it's called. That would make ANYTHING look nice. It also had binding on the neck, I believe. Cosmetics aside, the two played very similiarly, all the way down to the string action and feel of the neck.

BTW, I want a USA Select Warrior, and make it in the "Steel Bolt" pattern. I'm currently taking donations.

Comment

Working...
                                X