Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Yeah, 2004.
    I bought this JS30 as a backup guitar and it was fairly cheap and the MIJ quality was obvious compared to other guitars in that price range back then.
    Although hardly played it has some little dings and scratches from moving it around.
    I've had it up on my local CL for at least 3 mos and have not had 1 serious inquiry while other pcs of Chinese crap are selling for the same price.
    I'm starting to think I should hang on to it and it may be worth more to me in the long run than what I'm asking now.

Comment

Agreed. Back then, you had some pretty limited choices: Series 10, Hondo, etc..., and I don't remember if the Squiers were as el cheapo as they are now.
      I bought a MIJ squier for 210 new in 86. those now sell for 300-400 used.

Comment

Hi! My first post on this forum...

I bought a new Jackson JS32 Rhoads which has a 580LP tremolo. It is otherwise a very nice guitar, especially after I replaced bridge pickup with a EMG HZ, but the low profile tremolo is a mystery to me:

The owner´s manual says that string height should be 1,5 mm on 12th fret. It was much higher so I lowered bridge posts a bit. When I did this there is no much room under fine tuners for pull ups anymore and I cannot adjust tremolo base plate to correct horizontal level.

Is this a common problem? I think there are only two ways to fix this, make routings deeper to make more room for tremolo´s fine tuners or install some kind of shims to the neck pocket. This is a new guitar so I would not like to do either. Is this JS32 somehow faulty? What is "normal" action for a JS32?
        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
          Hi! My first post on this forum...

I bought a new Jackson JS32 Rhoads which has a 580LP tremolo. It is otherwise a very nice guitar, especially after I replaced bridge pickup with a EMG HZ, but the low profile tremolo is a mystery to me:

The owner´s manual says that string height should be 1,5 mm on 12th fret. It was much higher so I lowered bridge posts a bit. When I did this there is no much room under fine tuners for pull ups anymore and I cannot adjust tremolo base plate to correct horizontal level.

Is this a common problem? I think there are only two ways to fix this, make routings deeper to make more room for tremolo´s fine tuners or install some kind of shims to the neck pocket. This is a new guitar so I would not like to do either. Is this JS32 somehow faulty? What is "normal" action for a JS32?
          Common issue with the tremolo. The routing isn't very deep, which makes good dive-bombs virtually impossible. This too, leaves me a bit perplexed.

I've played 3 different JS32 models; a Kelly, RR, and my Warrior. The quality of all of them was very good, but all of them had shallow tremolo cavities.

Comment

I think the easiest thing to do is to put a small shim under the heel to tilt the neck just a tad bit more to allow you to raise the trem and still have the proper low action. A small shim at the bottom area of the heel and you will never know its there.

Comment

Working...
            X