Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with Jackson model and possible year? (pics included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with Jackson model and possible year? (pics included)

Hey dudes.
    I have had these Jacksons sitting around for a bit and am trying to find out their years, and some specs on the trems, as far as getting new trem bars is concerned.

1) Black Jackson Dinky w/ reverse headstock. Serial number is: 9674857.
    2) Red Jackson King V Std. Serial number is: 305089. The trem has the jackson logo on it.

I have tried to find trem bars for both of the guitars. I have bought the wrong size, wrong fit, wrong everything basically and i'm trying to find the correct bars for these. I attached pics of the trems/holes to see if that will help. This shit is buggin' me!

Any help is killer, THANKS

-------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

First one is a DXMG, second one is a KV Std. Pro, probably 1993. The trem on the KV is a Takeuchi made one, so if you can find a pop-in bar for an Ibanez, then it should fit yours as well, as most Ibanez's use Takeuchi trems. Personally Id just put a floyd collar and bar on there and call it good. As far as the DXMG, any standard Floyd trem bar will work on it.
    Last edited by RobRR; 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

JT-580LP on the Dinky, JT-580 on the V.

The 580LP, does anyone know if a standard Schaller bar will work? Not sure about the 580.
      Last edited by cixelsyd; 09-08-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        The trem on the KV is a Takeuchi made one, so if you can find a pop-in bar for an Ibanez, then it should fit yours as well, as most Ibanez's use Takeuchi trems.
        Pop-in bar? I thought the JT6 was the only trem Jackson used with a bar like that. Looks like an older JT580 where the bar screws in.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. the trem specs will help when i hit up some stores

Comment

I meant screw in.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by HammeredWisconsin View Post
              Hey dudes.
              I have had these Jacksons sitting around for a bit and am trying to find out their years,

1) Black Jackson Dinky w/ reverse headstock. Serial number is: 9674857.
              2) Red Jackson King V Std. Serial number is: 305089. The trem has the jackson logo on it.
              DXMG is around 2002
              KV is a 1993

Both made in the Japan factory
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X