Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson kelly performer series price?

Hello,

The local guitar shop here has a jackson kelly performer for sale.
    Nah it's not for sale yet because the bridge is incomplete, and the locking nuts, but I can buy it for 140, with the bridge parts included.

Nice deal? worth it? too expensive?

Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by porsche928; 09-11-2010, 10:05 AM.

bump?

Comment

that's 140€ isn't it?
      could be a pretty decent deal if:
      it's in decent condition,
      and the parts work with each other.
      I'd stay away from buying an incomplete guitar with some loose parts to go along with it.
      this could turn out to be some serious hazzle if the trem or nut won't fit, so make sure in advance everything's working fine.

further the performers were produced in india as well as in japan.
      have a look here for further information:

the japanese ones have a better reputation and are supposed to be of higher quality.

if you like the guitar, and everything's ok with it, I'd say it's a good deal.
      I never had a performer kelly, but I love my performer rhoads and really liked the dinkys I've played as well.
      even though the guitar is older already it could be worth a look for you.
      140€ is not too expensive for this guitar in our region.

a new compareable low end kelly would be around 350€ (the JS32 series) and at least I liked the necks on the performer series way better.
      the JS I played all had a pretty thick neck, might be cool for others, I didn't like it all too much...
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
        that's 140€ isn't it?
        could be a pretty decent deal if:
        it's in decent condition,
        and the parts work with each other.
        I'd stay away from buying an incomplete guitar with some loose parts to go along with it.
        this could turn out to be some serious hazzle if the trem or nut won't fit, so make sure in advance everything's working fine.

further the performers were produced in india as well as in japan.
        have a look here for further information:

the japanese ones have a better reputation and are supposed to be of higher quality.

if you like the guitar, and everything's ok with it, I'd say it's a good deal.
        I never had a performer kelly, but I love my performer rhoads and really liked the dinkys I've played as well.
        even though the guitar is older already it could be worth a look for you.
        140€ is not too expensive for this guitar in our region.

a new compareable low end kelly would be around 350€ (the JS32 series) and at least I liked the necks on the performer series way better.
        the JS I played all had a pretty thick neck, might be cool for others, I didn't like it all too much...

Thanks for the answer!

They have found the original parts, but I have to fix it on my own.
        It's made in japan , atleast that is what the sticker on the back of the headstock says

Comment

aahhhh.... pics!!
          well, it's got some dings and dongs, but if you're fine with it and like the guitar itself I'd say go for it.
          the dot inlays say japan as well, so that's a good thing.
          check the neck wether it's twisted or not and check all frets are in place, and you could have a look at the tremolos knive edges.

and I'd prefer to either take a shot of all the parts you get or get them listed and signed when you buy.
          when a screw is missing it's most likely your problem once you payed for it.

and try to get a knob for that pot.

Comment

I bought it!

I will put on some more pics today, it's complete and working now
            I'm very happy with the guitar!

Comment

hey!
              glad to read that! congrats on your guitar!!

didn't mention you replied again at first...
              now, where's my pics?

Comment

Working...
              X