No announcement yet.

91 Professional Archtop...for $5000!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Professional Archtop...for $5000!!!!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/1950966547.html

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

um...did he put one too many zeros on there?? Or am I just out of touch (entirely possible...) :think:
    "What solace lies in the arms of fate"

Must be wantin' a big 'ole rock to smoke.
    Really nice axe, but c'mon! I wouldn't think 5k.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't either...hence the shock! But I've said it so many times, it's worth what someone will pay I guess. But is there anything about this guitar that would really command that kind of price?? He implied that it was appraised at that cost...really? I guess I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

Comment

But it's one of a line of 200 from a Japanese assembly line and it might possibly be featured at some future date on an appraisal TV show...

n126460220697656_8376.jpg

"I'll give you $250 for it, because I have to sell it and I'll be lucky to get $500"
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I predict: ZERO bids!

I know it's CL, but still....
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's pretty much a given that there will be zero bids on a Craigslist item.

Comment

hm..that would be cool!
              The Yellow and Black Attack!

Comment

LOL OMG what is he smoking?
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hes about an hour away from me. I sent him a nice email explaining that while rare, they usually sell between $1000-$1500. He was actually nice in his reply, not a douche like most people. Told him if he has trouble selling it to keep me in mind. He also says it was taped for some sort of reality show, Im assuming an appraisal type show. It would be cool to see it, so hopefully hell let me know when it airs.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Hes about an hour away from me. I sent him a nice email explaining that while rare, they usually sell between $1000-$1500. He was actually nice in his reply, not a douche like most people. Told him if he has trouble selling it to keep me in mind. He also says it was taped for some sort of reality show, Im assuming an appraisal type show. It would be cool to see it, so hopefully hell let me know when it airs.
                    If you find out about the show, let us know. I would llike to see it, then have them appraise my Model 1, :ROTF:
                    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I took two lessons and never picked it up again. It's been in the original Jackson case for the last almost 20 years...
                      What a waste.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Only a waste if someone on here doesn't get it for a good price!!

I'm surprised it has ANY damage at all since it was used so little. They don't damage themselves ya know!!

Comment

Working...
                        X