7-string Japanese RR - where to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-string Japanese RR - where to find?

Hi there folks, I'm quite new to RR's, and I wanted to know if there were any 7-string RR's made (preferably in Japan)? I just bought an RR24M and it's the best on-stage guitar I've ever owned (and I had a bunch of great guitars before), and I'm thinking of replacing my custom made 7-string (based on the Death Angel) with an RR if the 7-string version is also so well-balanced as the 6-string fella. So if anyone has any experience regarding 7-string RR's, please don't hesitate to share it here. :-)

There has been one; the RR7R.
    MIJ, bolt-on, fixed bridge, satin chrome hw.

They are pretty rare to come by, and many of them had issues with lifting frets. Apparently the frets weren't bent to the correct radius before being pressed into the fretboard, and the fret ends like to come loose and pop out as time goes by.

Comment

There were neckthru Jackson Stars RR-7s made for the Japanese market a few years back and sold through the Ikebe chain. You'd have to import one of those from Japan, though, and they might not be easy to find because they were a limited run.

Comment

Working...
      X