Jdr 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdr 94

Found one in a pawn shop yesterday for $150 but has a headstock break at the big E string.
    Body has numerous finish cracks as well so I passed.No case either.
    WTF do people do with the cases?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

not repairable?
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Found one in a pawn shop yesterday for $150 but has a headstock break at the big E string.
      Body has numerous finish cracks as well so I passed.No case either.
      WTF do people do with the cases?
      Did they originally come with cases? I'd have thought since they were so cheap they wouldn't have had one.
      As for what people do with them, they keep them for themselves! I've got 4 or 5 soft cases and two hard cases. I store my guitars in them so when I sell a guitar I hold onto the cases! No one buys a guitar to get a case anyway, unless it's a new guitar.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
        Did they originally come with cases? I'd have thought since they were so cheap they wouldn't have had one.
        As for what people do with them, they keep them for themselves! I've got 4 or 5 soft cases and two hard cases. I store my guitars in them so when I sell a guitar I hold onto the cases! No one buys a guitar to get a case anyway, unless it's a new guitar.
        I only ship or receive a guitar in a hard shell case, the chances for damage go up dramatically. The thought that it was probably bought without a case is probably what happened, even on guitars over 1k I've seen a trend of no case being included(which is very sad, whenever I'm not playing a guitar it goes into it's case(except the RR1 I have hanging on the wall in the living room)).

Straycat - IMHO it wasn't worth it, no sense in trying to part it out(which I hate). Unless you just wanted a project guitar, but hell don't we all have at least one?
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          Yes, with heavy rectangular plywood cases.

Comment

With the recent prices $150 with a headstock break was too much from what I've seen. I was trying to get $200 for mine locally and not even one query about it.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The sum of the parts maybe 150.00.Pretty rough shape
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The USA BCR I just bought didn't come with a case. I was like "WTF, dude?"

Comment

yeah def not worth it with a busted headstock. this is what i got for under 200 shipped

oh and i got mine with the skb style jackson case not a huge wooden one.

Comment

Working...
                  X