No announcement yet.

Putting an OFR in a DK2L/Real Duncans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well thanks for clearing that up. In that case I've definitely got the real Duncans in there.

Comment

I don't know if this helps; I have a Jackson Stealth XL, the original tremolo had problems. I retrofitted an OFR using the original jackson posts that were already there. I also changed the locknut, requiring the shelf to be routed down slightly.

I've had it intonated perfectly in C-standard tuning and lately E-standard. No problems with intonation whatsoever. I can supply photos of the route if required!

Comment

I put an original Floyd in my DK2M, but I had to swap the sustain blocks between them. In other words, it now has the original Floyd but with the JT580 sustain block. I'm assuming that the DK2M is the same dimensions as the regular DK2.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The reason the fusion with 580LP didn't intonate is because the OFR is to far forward for the post. I actually had to dowl the post holes and redrilled them back 3/32 of an inch with the same spacing and it was fixed. I was using 11-52 strings at the time and my low E string saddle could not travel far enough back to intonate properly. After the mod it was fine. And the floyd felt so much better. I have another HH made from mahoganey this time and will do the same mod. Use the extra large bushings that they used on early Professional models with JT590's. Hope this helps.
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
          X