Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real or Fake?

I recently came across 2 Kelly KE3's where the "Jackson" name is NOT on the back of the tuning machines, nor the low E side of the Floyd Rose JT-580, and not even cast on to the neck plate. They are both 8-digit serial numbers (making them made in India I believe) starting with 99******. Has anyone ever seen authentic Jacksons like this, or are they more knockoffs? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a Jackson which I thought was a KE3... same thing, no name on the back of the tuners and 8 digit serial number starting with 99... although someone here told me it wasn't a KE3 but maybe KE10 or something weird like that. I think the reasoning was that KE3s were not made in India.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Is the Jackson name on the bridge just above the low E string? On the two I've seen it's just a blank oval.

Comment

Most of the ones with just the cast oval I've seen are normally JT500 style.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Blank Oval.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

pictures would help your case a hell of a lot more

Comment

I can help here! Awesome! I had one of these. Took me a lot of digging and research, but I finally figured out what it was (thanks to help from this forum!)

It's a Musician's Friend exclusive, JK-20 PRO. Tuners and JT500 Floyd have no logo, and the neck plate just has serial number, no Jackson on it either. Kent Armstrong pickups (crappy ones.) Nothing written in neck pocket or heel either. Otherwise, looks like a KE3. Mine (and the few others I have seen) was just solid gloss black with black hardware. Also, the bridge was crap, the string lock screws stripped out very easily due to the soft cast metal.

Here's my thread with pics and info:
              http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/964...is-Kelly/page2

Hope that helps!
              Last edited by DalyTek; 10-01-2010, 02:25 AM.
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
              X