SLSMG pickup ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG pickup ?s

I am wanting to get new pickups for my Trans Red Flametop SLSMG.

1. Do I need F spaced or regular.
    2. If I go active EMG or Blackouts do I have to change input jack. If I have to change it which one is the one I need.
    3. I am considering the following pickups.
    Dimarzio Super Distortion, MT Blackouts, EMG 81 set and your suggestions.
    Last edited by spencer4hire; 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

You'll need reghuar for the Dimarzio, but for EMGs and Blackouts the spacing doesn't matter.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

I thought the Jackson TOM (JT-390) was F-spaced, you can measure this post spacing to see what would best line up

But yeah for EMG's or blackouts the spacing doesnt matter, i believe they have a bar magnet (i have never looked inside an EMG)

For the EMG's and Blackouts i think you need a stereo output jack, im not sure whether the one installed in your guitar is stereo or not, but i thought EMG's came with a jack when you buy them new

hope this helps

Comment

The active EMG's I've had came with wired pots and jack--the entire harness needed for them was included.

Comment

You would need a stereo jack for actives, but my SLSMG came with one... I replaced it with a Switchcraft one though just because I wanted the best quality. You would need a barrel type jack like a Switchcraft 152B . I put EMG 81TW-X and 89-X in mine and love them (I wanted the dualmode pickups for more tonal flexibility). I sort of wanted to stick with EMGs in it, and have not been disappointed.

Comment

Working...
          X