Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson KE3.. should I trade it and get Ibanez Prestige 1570?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KE3.. should I trade it and get Ibanez Prestige 1570?

Hey guys,
    I currently have a Kelly KE3 guitar, made in Japan, original Seymour duncans, JT580 LP Tremolo.. it's a great guitar, no doubt! But I'm thinking of maybe getting an Ibanez Prestige 1570 , trading my KE3. Everybody is talking about the great quality of those guitars, the fretboard, tremolo etc... although they only have Ibanez-pickups... what do You think? I played one in a shop nearby, but I don't know.. the neck is so thin compared to the Jackson. But then they say the prestige line of Ibanez is much better than Jackson made in Japan.. HELP !!!

I don't have a single Ibanez. Why should I be qualified to make this decision for you?

Comment

I used to have an s470. Nice bridge, way different neck than Jackson. Definitely play it first to see if you like it.
      Scott

Comment

I played an RG570 before I got my KV3. The neck profile on the Ibanez is much flatter, which I didn't really like, I prefer the slightly more rounded back of the Jackson necks. If you're looking for super thin necks, then Ibanez might be for you as their necks are thinner than the Dinky's, Soloists and KV models I've played. I've never played a 'Prestige' model form Ibanez so I can't speak to the quality of them. I'd definitely play it before I traded away a KE3

Comment

The "Prestige" line is their high-end line IIRC, akin to Jackson's USA line (albeit made in Japan instead of the U.S., since Ibanez is a Japanese company).
          Scott

Comment

I have played Ibanez guitars and if there's one thing I know for sure is that I will never buy one again. First, even on their Prestige guitars, their tremolos SUCK. When you're used to a Floyd, first you notice the Ibanez trems are much weaker (no fluttering possible) and also much easier to break. They really feel like they're made of plastic -__-'

Second thing is the neck profile : since it's over-flattened, it's a totally different feeling and I personally prefer rounded necks because they are easier to play (for whatever reason) and also because they conduct more sound. Ibanez sound weaker than other guitars with slightly bigger necks, and still, the difference is not huge.

Thirs thing is the Ibanez middle pickup. When you're used to HH or HSS configurations, and then switch to Ibanez HSH, you'll quickly notice how this middle pickup is a real bugger. Either you let him there, and since you're picing right above it, your pick will often hit the middle pickup, thus creating a hit noise (and deteriorating the pickup since you're getting a pro guitar you want to use for 10 or 20 years). What you can do to prevent your pick from hitting the middle pickup is to screw the pickup lower, but then you won't get any sound, sicne the guitar doesn't conduct a lot of sound as I said before and the pickup is too far away from the strings to catch enough vibrations.

Enough said against the Ibanez... it's still your choice, but since on the net the Ibanez costs around $1000, I'll give you a few alternatives of 24-fret floyded superstrats at the same price :
            Jackson : SL3, SLAT3-6, SL3MG, DK2, DK2M, DK2S, DKMG...
            ESP : M-I, KH-602, LTD Deluxes...
            These are the brands I know who stay very metal, hope it helps !

Comment

Let me just say I'm not opposed to Ibanez. I like all guitars.

I'd love to get an RG550 or a Destroyer, but I'd need to research to make sure I got the right one.

I just don't know enough to make a good decision at this time.

Comment

My second guitar was an RG570, and I still have it. No problems with that trem--I understand the newer ones aren't made as well. If it weren't butt-pirate purple, I'd probably still play it. Only thing, though, the finish on Ibanez guitars is slightly less sturdy than an egg shell...and those guitars don't look good 'reliced', they just look trashed.
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by dino1978 View Post
                  I currently have a Kelly KE3 guitar, made in Japan, original Seymour duncans, JT580 LP Tremolo.. it's a great guitar, no doubt!
                  Okay, so you think your KE3 is a great guitar.

Originally posted by dino1978 View Post
                  But I'm thinking of maybe getting an Ibanez Prestige 1570...I played one in a shop nearby, but I don't know..
                  You answered your own question. You already played the Ibanez and didn't think it was that great or you wouldn't be here asking this question, you'd have done the trade.

I'd hang onto the KE3, play some different Ibanez's if that's what you really want, and find one that you think "Yes! I LOVE this one!" and trade the KE3 for that.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X