Looking for a good kid's guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good kid's guitar.

Have been searching for a short scale electric guitar for my 10 year old daughter. Who makes one worth buying? Most of them are around $100, which isn't alot but, they all have pretty bad reviews and from the way some are written I don't know who to take seriously. Any and all help will be appreciated greatly. Thanks.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

I wouldn't do short scale, her hands will grow. If you're concrete on a short-scale guitar, you could try the Micro axes from Ibanez or ESP though. (The KH-Micro from ESP or the RG MiKro from Ibanez)

I would just go Gibson scale. KV2T?
    I like EL34s.

Comment

I would go for a full size one as well. It might be frustrating for her at first, but look at Youtube... all sorts of 10 years olds who can outplay a lot of us.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

+1 on the full size thing. Maybe a Gibson-scale guitar, but I wouldn't go with a mini/kid size thing.

Comment

My nephew got that ESP KH Junior model and it's excellent. Alot more money than the Fenders, etc but well built. He's pretty small so this will last him for years. Got it when he turned 8 (he turned 9 this past summer) and started lessons right away. He's really learning fast. He called me a couple weeks ago & was playing the intro to Master of Puppets! Made me one proud uncle!

Comment

Working...
          X