NGD again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD again.

Picked up a Kelly Professional today for $320. 8.5 of 10 in condition. Its a kind of aqua colored photo quilt top. I didnt have time to snap pics but will have some here by sunday since Ill have internet at the house again finally. The jt580 is very stable (surprisingly), and I love the neck profile, very similiar to the Model 2 or the Soloist. I really love the old Professional" branded guitars, and Kellys to boot.

Also, at the guitar center in greenwood Indiana, there is a Lightning Sky RR1 for $1199. Seems to be in good condition, and there may be an 80s USA Soloist(looks identical to a model 6/5) in some weird laser beam looking graphic depending if the guy made the deal or not. Just a heads up to those in the area.

BTW, without a neck plate and obvious S/N, how can I date this guitar?
    Last edited by Twitch; 10-07-2010, 04:00 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Not my pic, but it is this model.

Mines a little darker than this and with a little more of a green tint. Authentic pics soon, I promise.
    Last edited by Twitch; 10-07-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the new git, Twitch and glad to hear you'll have internet service at home again. The date of manufacture for the body might be stamped in ink in the neck pocket and a similar stamp might be on the neck heel. Best to get those pics up before RacerX sees this post--lol.

Comment

Heres the oficial GC pic of it on their wall before I bought it.

Comment

I like reverse sharkies with a normal headstock. Those are rare enough, and I've never seen one bound (regular production).

Comment

I love the binding on my DKMGTFF. I wish all my guitars had cream binding.

Comment

GTWGITS! <---Posted for Ron, he's been slacking lately

Comment

It has the recessed screws for the neck with no plate? My Kelly XL has them and the SN is on the back of the headstock. It's not there?
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Touche!

I have the same thing in black, there's a little sticker on the back of the headstock.

Those things were made in 96 - 97. From the 96 catalogue (thanks Hen!)

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Nah, no sticker. Yes Ibanez style heel. I took the neck off the night before last and the only thing stamped is "KE3" on the neck and body and "4/2" on the neck, but the headstock has the glittery Jackson Professional on it. Anyway, pics soon, I promise.

Comment

PICS!!!

Here you go ladies and gentlemen, pics. Sorry the lighting sucks, I usually take pics in the day time.
                      Last edited by Twitch; 10-10-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

So, anyhow, this guitar is definently a 96 due to reverse sharkys and the black headstock, but the color is odd. The scan shows the Trans blue Quilt top but mine is more blue/green than blue and I dont see that as a color option. Is this an odd ball guitar or is it more likely the clear coat has become yellowed over the last 14 years giving it a green hue?

Comment

I would say it has yellowed over the years......................
                          Charvel CST 060 1992
                          Charvel CST 070 1992
                          Charvel CDS 090 1993
                          Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                          Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                          Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                          Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                          Duesenberg 49er 2012
                          Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                          Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                          History TH-LS Limited 2009
                          History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Nice find. That finish is awesome!
                            The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Its the right color, I have a 96 DRV in that color and it looks identical.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X