Jdr94 or PS4? jdr94 serial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdr94 or PS4? jdr94 serial?

Hello guys! Im Alejandro from Argentina, and Im about to buy a electric guitar.

After a lot of search, Im between jackson jdr 94 and jackson ps4, both made in japan.
    The price is very similar here so thats not a problem.

So what do you say? what guitar do you think is better?

and other thing, It seems that ps4 MIJ serial number start with 9, but jdr94, starts with 94 or with 4?, cause I have found these two forms on jdr94 model! are both MIJ?

PD: sry about my english, its my 2nd language xD.

PS4 is a performer series guitar, JDR94 is a concept series guitar. Concepts were only made for a year (in 1994.) in Japan. The performers were their successors. Later they moved performers to Korea.

If ps4 is mij, they are basically the same guitar, and they are both great. If ps4 is mik, go for jdr94.

I have concept rr, and I couldn't be happier. I like it more than DX10D Dinky.

Comment

As far as I understand, they're both pretty much the same guitar. I would buy the JDR simply because they only made them for a year so it's a wee bit more "limited".
      Unless the PS4 is in much better condition, has been upgraded with better pickups or just LOOKS nicer.

I have a JDR94 and I LOVE it. It's a brilliant guitar.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

There were more finishes (flame veneer) available for the PS4, but if that's not a consideration, go with the Concept.
        sigpic

Comment

I have one of each now, and have owned another ps4 in the past, they are very similar, the JDR94 feels a teeny bit nicer but that could be the normal difference between individual guitars, also my PS4 looks like it has had a tougher life haha!!!

My JDR94 had EMG HZ put in when I bought it (which are my favorite pickups, weird as it sounds!!!) so I prefer the sound of the JDR94 because of that, but the PS4 with the stock pickups sounds good maybe a little rawer and wilder,

These are my favorite guitars in the world, I can't really think of much I would change, maybe if I was rich I would get the custom shop to build some just like it but with no tone control and maybe try different kinds of woods etc.,

One thing: the necks are VERY thin, which I prefer, but some people don't

Another good thing is that the schaller floyd that you can buy new is the same dimensions as the jt500 that comes with it, so replacing is easy (if expensive)
          Last edited by tanpsi; 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

thanks a lot for the information and opinions!!!

Im closer to buy ps4, but the decision isnt made yet.

Somebody know about the serial of the jdr94? all serials begin with 94 or anybody knows one starting with 4?

cause the jdr94 that I could buy, starts with 4, not 94

Comment

I've had both, although it's been awhile since I had the JDR94 (mid 90s) and I just picked up my second PS4 today. They are VERY similar guitars. My preference is the PS4 simply because the finish is nicer IMHO.
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

JDR94 serial: solved, I could talk with the owner of the jdr94 and he put a 4 instead of a 9 when he did the description.

Now Im between 1 ps4 and 1 jdr94, when I buy someone, Ill upload some photos!!!

Comment

hey guys, Im confused, the seller tell me that his jdr94 is not japanese! wtf?? All jdr94s were made in japan in later93/94, werent it???

Maybe he is the one confused, cause I searched in several forums, utube videos, and everyone says that they are all MIJ, I mean, I dont think everybody is wrong but him xD.

some photos of the guitar:

what do you say???
                  Last edited by halev; 10-19-2010, 12:58 AM. Reason: photos added

Comment

All JDR-94's are MIJ. The Performer series (PS4) were made in Japan and Korea but the JDR's are all Japan. He's wrong..
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thank you all people!!!

Finally I bought this jdr94!

Comment

do i really need to say whats better? lol

Comment

Working...
                        X