looking at a ps4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at a ps4

hey i found a black cherry ps4 for sale. she looks in overall good condition the shop wants 339 for it. one of the machine heads has been replaced with a chrome one for some reason. it seems a little high to me. what do you think the average price is for these. this one's serial starts with a 96xxx. maybe a 1996 model?
    "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

They sell for about $180 right now. I had a trans blue japanese model and couldn't get over $200 for it and it was in very minty condition.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by kellycripp View Post
      hey i found a black cherry ps4 for sale. she looks in overall good condition the shop wants 339 for it.
      Yeah way too much.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah just looked at ebay and the local classifieds didnt see any over $200.
        "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

They are a good, generally undervalued guitar, but agreed.
          Too much.

Buy one at a fair price and wait a while.

Comment

Kellycripp, being in NY - you shouldn't have to much of an issue finding import models. My best advice would be to play as many as possible, the heavier a production run goes the more opportunities for flaws and imbalance from one instrument to the next. Unfortunately my experiences have been that most model series and imports will have some quirks ~ some of this is to be expected, and some things may not bother all players. My advice is to play as many as you can find, and see if they measure up to what you're looking for.

Be prepared to make some hardware changes(JT500, the J70's are ok depending on what style your playing). Then figure out how much more you'll have in it after some 'upgrades', you may come out much better saving a couple hundred more dollars and getting an USA production run(used, I've seen many models for less then 1k/if you catch the right time - it's not unreasonable to pick up a soloist for 600+ in good condition).

Look at craigslist and fleabay, the classifieds here ......

Good luck and enjoy the guitar hunting, try not to just impulse buy and find one that's right or that you can easily live with.
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I saw one last week for $150. It didn't last long at that price and wasn't one of the photo flame versions.

Comment

Working...
              X