Price suggestions: DK2 Eerie Dess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price suggestions: DK2 Eerie Dess

Found a DK2 Eerrie Dess in one of my local shops. The serial is 9710180.
    The trem is a crusty chrome, kinda bluish pitting. The pickups are Duncan Designed with rusty screws and very worn logo's. The locknut screws are crusty. The binding is more yellow then white like my current DK2, and there is a streak of brownish oil (?) on top of the neck as the maple meets the binding of the fretboard. The neck frets on the bottom four strings are well worn and very flat towards the heel. The body/paint is about a 9/10. No damage what so ever, just dirty swirls. They are asking $650 which I believe is F**king crazy for a Jackson in this shape.
    I do have pics but they are not so good to show these items other then the serial number close up. Blackberry's suck at pics.
    This shop has many Jacksons priced HIGH. Looking for suggestions as to what to offer for it. I know its only worth how bad I want it.
    What do you think?

$400!! Seriously though, $400 would probly be about right in that condition, maybe even $350. Doubt the guy will go that low considering his current asking price.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I agree with Twitch.

Comment

Also, the strange streak almost sounds like excess glue from a separated fret board that was repaired.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I personally think even $350 is a bit high. I just sold a black flamed maple DKMG for $350 that was almost mint. Worn frets, crusty screws and pitting, DD pickups, brown streaks on neck... Awful lot of stuff you'll be replacing or getting used to on that one from your description. Keep that in mind.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I have been watching DK2's in Eerie Dess on eBay for a while now. The older models with chrome hardware/Duncan Designed pickups generally go for $350 and below when in GOOD CONDITION. This often includes a case. Figure maybe another $25 for shipping.

I'd definitely pass on this one, unless you can steal it for $200 or less. It needs fretwork (maybe even new frets), has something wierd going on with the fretboard, and may require all new hardware (to include trem) if the rust is as bad as it sounds. Sounds like a money pit, even if you intend to keep the Duncan Designed pickups.

Try eBay; there are MUCH better deals for this model.

Comment

This is why I wanted to ask those that deal alot with Jacksons. I agree, too much work for that kind of money. I will PASS on this. The store won't come off the price at all. Its crazy, but Eb*y is worth watching for these now. Is there one of the dealers who is a sponser here who would have these in either a DK2 or DK2M? I have looked thru their ads and usually find high end stuff. I comb thru other sites classifieds and can't find this one.
              Any other suggestions where to look?

Comment

Working...
              X