Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG owners, need case advice

Hi,

Just getting used to my SLSMG and I am really digging it so far! I think I'm going to keep it even with the passive EMGs! Go figure... I'll try to post some pics before long (she's an ebay find...so some things are a little...sketchy!?!?)

Anyway, didn't come with a case so I'm wondering what case will fit. I actually bought a Jackson case on ebay as well but...well, it doesn't fit. So, a little help would be terrific. Thanks in advance for any advice...
    "What solace lies in the arms of fate"

anyone?

Comment

I have an Ibanez case I got from GC for one of my SLSMG's, it fits fairly snugly, and an ESP case that's basically a generic one size fits all strats for the other one.

No idea what guitars they were originally made for, your best bet is just to bring your guitar to a local music store and see what fits the best.
      I only need one more guitar.

Comment

The old JJ-1 cases fit the SLS body type better than the Soloist/Dinky cases, however, good luck finding a JJ-1 case.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks - I'll look into those options.

I'm assuming that there was an original case that Jackson sold for the SLS?? I don't really have a "local" shop so I thought I'd ask on here first and order one. Surely those who own one must use something, right?

Comment

I have my red flame top SLSMG in a JCC922 case and it fits O.K. but my DMR SLSMG fits to loose in it. It could slide forward and hit the headstock.
            New SLSMGs,SLS3s ship in a new style case in which I think they fit a whole lot better. I have been unable to get a Jackson part# for the new case.
            You should contact one of the sponsoring dealers. I bet they could help you out.
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I emailed jackson in August 2007 when I bought an SLSMG second hand without a case. They gave me this info:
              Hello,
              Thanks for writing in. Here is the information on the case you will
              need:

P/N: 0060703000, JCC922 US MSRP $119.95

You can place an order for this case from any authorized dealer. We hope this information will help you out.

Best Regards,

Jeff Krause
              Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
              Consumer Relations Department
              (480) 596-7195
              www.fender.com
              www.myspace.com/fender
              Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Working...
              X