Jackson pro stealth XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pro stealth XL

So i went pawn shopping today and came across a stelath xl ...
    the good : body headstock mint, neck looks like in fairly nice shape
    price is dirt cheap/ with case

the bad : strings are a mess,no back plate covers,no knobs and 1 silver floyd block where the rest are black.

was in a hurry so i did not plug in to see if the pups were good or anything,plan on going back tomorrow
    while this is just a pix off the web ,i do like the way it looks

any thoughts?

thanks
    len
    Last edited by len; 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM.
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Love the natural wood. Missing back covers and knobs and a different saddle isn't really too much (to me anyway) and are easily/cheaply remedied. If the frets are in good shape and neck isn't warped, it's an easy decision.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

ty for the input ...if iy was less than 200 how would that make you feel about snappin it up
      :think:

Comment

If its less than 200 grab it. Thats a steal at that price. Knobs are cheap, back plate is not necessary to make it play. And a wrong color string block? Who cares. All minor and very fixable GRAB IT.
        Gil

Comment

grabbin it depending on pup ~dispostion ~tommorrow mornin~
          thanks for input will post pix later on ...all my bins of parts are where i work

Comment

updatemiddle pup was dead(there was a hanging ground wire but i did not want to point this out to her),hard shell case turned out to be a piece of crap soft shell case and so i was like ok $115 + tax and paid for it

then i noticed ....the lock nuts were gone
            thought to myselfe fuck this.... i do not need a hobby project got cash back
            could have got it for 125(8% sales tax in NC)
            will go back with tail between legs and pick it up if anyone wants it

len

1.53 pm
            went back figuring i would just part it out ....guess i was kind of a dick pointing out all the shit missing : bottom line ...... she would not sell it to me
            Last edited by len; 10-16-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

you're crazy dude. String locks are nothing. This isn't much of a project, i could have that girl going for about 50$ more. I picked up my Charvel model 4 for about 190$. The schaller was ruined on it, the 3 single pickup selector switches are dead and the bridge pick-up has been replaced with an emg 85. While singles are still there, they are disconnected for now. It took me just a couple of hours to fix all that and she easily one of the best purchases ive made in a while. That jackson would be no different. It's like you need to change the frets, change the tuners, get a new floyd and finish the neck

Comment

you're crazy dude. String locks are nothing. This isn't much of a project, i could have that girl going for about 50$ more. I picked up my Charvel model 4 for about 190$. The schaller was ruined on it, the 3 single pickup selector switches are dead and the bridge pick-up has been replaced with an emg 85. While singles are still there, they are disconnected for now. It took me just a couple of hours to fix all that and she easily one of the best purchases ive made in a while. That jackson would be no different. It's like you need to change the frets, change the tuners, get a new floyd and finish the neck
                you are right
                but......
                i work full time and in college full time do not have time to play around fixing guitars at this point in my life .....trust me i love doing it
                i should have took at 115 but was pissed that thier was no hard shell case as and when i found the lock nuts gone i was like fuck this bitch cuz she would not go down on price further guess its gonna either wind up in the hands of another guy or parts on ebay

Comment

I am in the military and taking courses full time too. I don't have that much time, but what we students have even less of is money and a good guitar for that cheap doesnt come around that often and when it does there are always some little compromises, but they far outweight the little cost of time and extra pocket change it will take to fix it. You probably just didn't want it enough. I would of though, the Professional series of 1990-1995 are really amazing. Especially a nice XL model. Best neck in the world.

Comment

a good guitar for that cheap doesnt come around that often and when it does there are always some little compromises, but they far outweight the little cost of time and extra pocket change it will take to fix it. You probably just didn't want it enough
                    you are kinda right and kind of wrong....
                    i found it last night and posted it here cuz i have been burned before on "pro" series guitars.... but after reading jacksonfreak and metalmedalII posts ,i was there at 10.00 am ready to buy
                    thats when really checked it out as per my post last night...for the price it was cool but the bullshit of dealing with this bitch especially over the case and open pup was not right
                    and i pissed her off and she won't sell it me ....

life goes on
                    len

Comment

going to get it now....had nice converstion with the bitch

Comment

got it nd think i am going to part iyt out,,,,btw the middle pup reads fine on ohm meter

Comment

See im never wrong mwahaha. Get er done

Comment

I don't understand why she's a "bitch"? Just because she wanted a decent price for a nice guitar and couldn't be arsed with all the shit you were throwing at her? No doubt you'll sell it on for double the price and will think anyone who won't pay your higher price is a prick too.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't understand why she's a "bitch"? Just because she wanted a decent price for a nice guitar and couldn't be arsed with all the shit you were throwing at her? No doubt you'll sell it on for double the price and will think anyone who won't pay your higher price is a prick too.
                              1)needs volume and tone knobds
                              2)needs middle pup resoldered to work
                              3)needs low profile black jackson floyd string lock lock
                              4)needs black nuts and screws
                              5)needs back plates
                              6)strings and set up
                              clean and polish

i have everery thing to do this except for the plates
                              so i did it all and am going to to sell it ...it kicks ass and i ressurected from the dead
                              and will sell it in the classified section for a fair price OBO :}

it was a hell of a project

have done it
                              cept for i ding ing the upper wing ...its a wall hanger

len

btw
                              dealing with pawn shops is a pain in the ass
                              they are bitches and assholes and if u do not fight for a decent price you WILL get burned
                              Last edited by len; 10-23-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X