No announcement yet.

Jackson pro stealth XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a nice score to me...and not even close to resurrecting from the dead. Strings and setup, that's standard even with brand new guitars. Perhaps I'm missing something? I wouldn't even consider this a project.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Pawn shops ALWAYS have stuff like that. The people there don't know about guitars (Or guns, or watches or half the shit they sell). You can't go into a pawn shop and expect the guitars to be set up properly, have all their parts or be in 100% working order. You have to check all of those things yourself.

As a result of that though, sometimes you get a great deal that needs a little bit of work. Other than some of the wiring being off and needed to get some lock nuts this is all very standard work needed for a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
        1)needs volume and tone knobds
        2)needs middle pup resoldered to work
        3)needs low profile black jackson floyd string lock lock
        4)needs black nuts and screws
        5)needs back plates
        6)strings and set up
        clean and polish

i have everery thing to do this except for the plates
        so i did it all and am going to to sell it ...it kicks ass and i ressurected from the dead
        and will sell it in the classified section for a fair price OBO :}

it was a hell of a project

have done it
        cept for i ding ing the upper wing ...its a wall hanger

len

btw
        dealing with pawn shops is a pain in the ass
        they are bitches and assholes and if u do not fight for a decent price you WILL get burned
        Not trying to be rude at all but that is very mild to get a nice guitar going, and for a low price
        Like it was stated before strings and a setup are standard even for new guitars!

Comment

appreciate all your guys input ...am actually gonna keep it for awhile. hoestly used to do this all the time as far as fixing up run down pawn shop specials and i agree that this was a good rare find ....glad i had most of the parts needed to get it to where it is now

was i testy with lady ....you betcha,but a little constructive criticism from here set me straight and thaank y'all for that

i do have a nice score but its mid terms and i work close to full time so looks like this weekend is when i might have a chance to finish up....to be honest 3 years ago setting up a floyd was nothing ...
          ty again
          len
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Well congrats on a good score anyway, it looks great!
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Are those ash? That looks like a real nice fiddle there. Just consider the fact that you might have rescued it from some 14 year old Zakk Wylde fan that wants to hammer bottle caps into the finish.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yea they are ash.

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

John
                  nice to see you chime in ...call me anytime 910-279-1368
                  hope all is well

len
                  “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                  X