jackson pro help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson pro help

i have a Jackson Pro Archtop with a jackson floyd. Would an Original Floyd Rose fit in the recessed body. I have 2 extra, would it just be stupid to even think about changing it out? Just kinda thinking, would like some input on if its worth it. Im not having any trouble with it.

The "Jackson Floyd" should be the JT-590 ! Made in Germany by Schaller.
    OFRs are (were) Made in Germany by Schaller ! So basically, you already have a high-quality bridge !
    And you say "I'm not having any trouble with it", so why even think about it ?
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinofcharvel View Post
      Would an Original Floyd Rose fit in the recessed body.
      Probably not... http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ject.htm#jt590
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

A OFR is smaller in size than the Schaller that is on there now , it will fit route . The biggest problem is the string lock screws . They need to be cut and the ends machined so they fit the route . And I agree with Franx the trem in there is just as good . No reason to change it out unless there is problem with it like bad knife edges or stripped threads .
        Last edited by Model 88; 10-19-2010, 05:41 PM.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

The Archtop Pro is kind of a bright-sounding guitar naturally, and the Schaller JT-590 trem that's on it now adds some fatness to the sound that an OFR wouldn't. Believe me, you're better off with the existing trem.

Comment

Thank you for all the info. I am going to keep the floyd it has in it. Now anyone got any ideas on pickups? I know its a personnal thing thing, but i like shawn lane style playing what kinda pickup set-up did he use.

Comment

I believe Shawn used either Reflexes or the stock Jacksons in his Charvel 750xl. It wasn't until later that he started getting into boutique pickups and the like.

I find it actually kind of tough to get those really fat sounds from an AT Pro or 750xl. The key is probably to use a medium-hot Alnico V pickup like a Dimarzio PAF Pro or something, and then do the "Holdsworth EQ" on the amp--mids way up, highs way down, and lows a little bit down.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of reflex silvers or just a good fair priced set of emgs. Has anyone tried the dragonfire actives

Comment

Working...
                X