Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advise on swapping a bunch of parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on swapping a bunch of parts.

Ok, well I work with a guy that had a MIJ warrior that he wanted to get rid of, so I snatched it up. I pretty much hate the body style, it looks ok but its a bitch to walk around with and play. Im not sure exactly what model I have but I used to own a king V that was about the same trim.

This is the specs of the guitar:

24 fret neck with sharktooth inlays
    2 seymour duncan design pickups that have funky ass pole pieces
    a licensed floyd rose (probably the best licensed FR Ive ever played)
    1vol 1tone and a 3 way switch

So I bought this guitar in the hopes of just finding another body I like and putting all the parts in it. I looked on ebay and there are a ton of dinky bodies and a few RR bodies.

So is this possible? If so what should i look out for?

Thanks alot
    Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Would this work? 290486029976

Comment

Sounds like a WRXT, although the serial number looks like it's from India rather than Japan. If the pickups have larger-than-normal pole pieces, they are Detonators, which are the Duncan Designed versions of the Seymour Duncan Invader. The neck *should* fit a Dinky body, but not a Rhoads, due to being 24 frets.
      sigpic

Comment

So as long as I buy a body that previously had a 24 fret neck im good?

Comment

That's *usually* true, at least on recent Jackson imports. The tricky part, especially with a Dinky body (since it's the most common Jackson style) is going to be matching the locking nut of your Warrior neck with the trem - or in the case of a parts mutt, the trem route - because Jackson has used a number of different trems over the years. I ran into an issue working with two Dinky Reverse models that were just a year apart, because that happened to be the year when Jackson switched trems. As a result, I had to get the nut slot on my fretboard cut deeper and track down a different locking nut to work with the body I'd bought.

The best-case scenario would be to find another guitar from that series. For example, an X-series Dinky should have the same trem and locking nut as your WRXT Warrior. It will depend as much on the year as on the actual model, as Jackson has flip-flopped between the JT500 and JT580LP on various import models.
          sigpic

Comment

So do you think this body would work? Worse case senario I have to pick up a used trem off the bay, couldnt run me more than 100, I used to have a king v that had the licensed low profile trem, Im pretty sure I swapped it out for a gotoh that fit ok, the block was alittle long tho...

Comment

Here is the number to look it up on the bay.

Comment

Ok well I did some looking and found the trem.

its from the same guy selling the body, looks like the low profile tremolo that is on my warrior.

Comment

Well here's the body I bought.

Im not exactly sure what it is, the listing said it was a jackson dr3 from the 90s but I have yet to find another picture like it on the internet. Does it look familiar to anyone?

Comment

Here is what is should look like if I can stain the board from rosewood to ebony.

Comment

Yup, that's a DR3 body. You should be just fine with the swap. Good luck!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by mastershake View Post
                          Here is what is should look like if I can stain the board from rosewood to ebony.

BTW: a DR3 has a reverse headstock.

Comment

Working...
                          X