Kv5fr & ke5fr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kv5fr & ke5fr?

How do they compare to their American counterparts? Anyone play either one? Any good?
    3118UeDsa8L._SL500_.jpg lg_ke5fr_snowwhite.jpg

by looking at them the only major difference is the ebony fretboard and the made in usa
    they have the same wood
    same pickups
    i think the imports have the fr2000 on it which is made in korea other wise pretty much the same as the original
    the imports have less options in finishes compared to the usa models
    i should imagine theyd be very simular in playability and tone if i had the money to get the usa i would get that one but these are pretty darn close for less money

Comment

You forgot the always important binding. Alot of Jackson guys love there binding, and I'll admit they look way cooler bound. I'd bet that Jackson would start selling these like hotcakes if they'd put it on, even if the fingerboard isn't Ebony. But, J/C's been down that road before with the Pro's, which is my guess as to way there setup the way they are.

Comment

I just purchased a KV5FR in the bolted steel graphic and it has the neck and headstock binding. I will post pictures when I get it.
        I hope it plays as nice as my RR24M does.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
          I just purchased a KV5FR in the bolted steel graphic and it has the neck and headstock binding. I will post pictures when I get it.
          Did they change the options to add binding? The Jackson site does not show that with binding.

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is it still a Rosewood fingerboard or did they change that Ebony?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Did they change the options to add binding? The Jackson site does not show that with binding.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...uct=2913006803
              From what I have gathered Jackson started to add binding to their high end Pro models a while ago, so nowadays you can find a mixture of bound and non bound guitars of the same model. Especially visible with the 7-string SLAT.

But I also saw a bound RR5 on the bay quite a few months ago.

Or the SL3MG... here's a bound one:
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Dude, I was just thinking last night how Id like to have a KV5FR bolted steel if only it had binding! If I can find one for a reasonable price with binding, Ill DEFINETLY buy one! I have noticed all the newer SL3MG's and the 7's are boud now... holy shit, is someone out there actually listening?!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                  From what I have gathered Jackson started to add binding to their high end Pro models a while ago, so nowadays you can find a mixture of bound and non bound guitars of the same model. Especially visible with the 7-string SLAT.

But I also saw a bound RR5 on the bay quite a few months ago.

Or the SL3MG... here's a bound one:
                  http://cgi.ebay.de/Jackson-SL3MG-Sol...item2eb0e3a167
                  Cool! I knew about the SL3MG and the SLAT-7. Didn't know about the others.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A WR5FR with binding would be nice, at least to test how it would sound compared to a WR1.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The only thing that stopped me from getting a SL3 was the HSS (already have too many of those) and no binding.. SL3MG with binding fixes those issues... Hmmmmm....
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Here is a link to an Ebay listing. Click on the media tab for some good pictures.
                        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

how are they selling these so cheap on music farm is it because their the ones without binding and they are going to introduce the ones with binding

just a geuss??

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
                            how are they selling these so cheap on music farm is it because their the ones without binding and they are going to introduce the ones with binding

just a geuss??
                            No that is where I bought mine and it has the binding.
                            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

No that is where I bought mine and it has the binding.
                              sweet if i had the money id get the white kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X