DKMG question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG question....

Ok so a friend of mine picked up a DKMG and was told it was part of a short custom run. Do i believe it? no, but he seems convinced.
    it to me appears to be one of the versions of the DKMG. IIRC there was 3 versions. the one with duncan designed/emg hz(cant remember what passives) pickups, 3 knobs one being the afterburner, then the one with EMGs, 2 knobs(vol/tone), then a there was the EMGs 3 knobs one being the afterburner. His is like the latter. just your normal DKMG right?
    its also that ugly dark forrest green that everyone seemed to try to get rid of for a few years straight

am i mistaken?
    or is it just a dkmg that came with passives. 3 knobs and had a pickup swap? thanks for any help/thoughts.
    i dont wanna tell him he's wrong until i know for sure. he said the guy who sold it to him even called fender and they told him it was a custom run, but hell i could say i talked to jesus on the phone the other day and without any proof, whats to believe?

Oh sure it's custom. It came from these special trees, used these specially blended metals, LOL!

Tell your friend I create custom crap too. Each one is uniquely ass made

Comment

Anything's possible, but it sounds like a regular DKMG to me. What's the serial number?
      Scott

Comment

The DKMG first came with EMG-HZ's (fuck all to do with Seymour Duncan) with Afterburner (20db boost)... until 2006, when they came with real EMG 81 and 85 (again, fuck all to do with SD ), and the Afterburner was ommitted.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Forgot about this thread. I never got the serial num from him. Guess i just wanted to know i was right and leave a thread for others to come across so they dont buy one thinkin they're anything special.

Comment

Working...
          X