'09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Nope. They dropped it when FMIC took over, sadly.

They can say the SLSMG is the same thing, but owning both, they're definitely different. For one, the NASL is thick enough for a Floyd, whereas the SLSMG isn't. For another, the body cuts on the NASL are even with the neck pickup, and closer to the middle of the body for the SLS.
    That changes the feel of the guitar significantly.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

NASL ? shit, I must get used to all these abreviations. I'm not even 100% sure about FMIC ^^

Comment

New Archtop Soloist - a JacksonStars model from the late 90s-early 00s

Mahogany body/neck maple top, neckthrough, thin body (SG/SLS), etc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
          NASL ? shit, I must get used to all these abreviations. I'm not even 100% sure about FMIC ^^
          Fender Musical Instrument Corporation?
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Fender Monopolistic International Conspiracy :p

Between them and Gibson, they own all the formerly independent name-brands - Ovation, Hamer, Jackson, Kramer, Steinberger, Sabian, etc.

Comment

I've always liked the NASL. Maybe I should get a Custom Shop built? Which do you like best, Newc? The NASL or the SLS? I'm actually waiting for a SLS3 myself. Needed something without a trem.
              '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
              '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
              '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
              '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
              '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
              '13 Gibson M-III
              Taylor 214CE
              Dean 6-string Bass
              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Yup I was correct about FMIC then ^^, thanks anyway !

And hell yeah archtop soloists are the shizz

Comment

Nasl actually means chips, or snacks in my language.

...just throwing it out there.
                  SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
                  Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

I prefer the NASL, mostly for the Floyd, but it's also got a thinner neck profile and a more comfortable body design IMO. Not to mention the model-specific inlays: Gibsonish split parallelograms with abalone stripe in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                    X