Jackson JS32RT Dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JS32RT Dinky?

Hey guys I am new here ,and have a question about the budget JS I just ordered. I got it that it is a low end guitar and it probably isnt the greatest. But I dont need a high guitar to take to Afghanistan with me. I figured for 200 bucks as long as it set up ok and played well then that was ok by me. My question is for two possible upgrades, pups( I have some Blackouts I am not using) and tuners( looking for a direct drop in replacement if possile). It has a reverse headstock, and I was looking at the mini Schaller lockers from Warmoth. With the pups, my amp I am taking with me will be a Fender Mustang I. I know most people will say that active pups ,and modelers/SS amps dont mix. But I have been watching YT vids , and forums with them using pedals through them,stating that they take them very well. Or should i just leave the stock pups ,and only upgrade the tuners and get a good setup? Thank You in advance. And to make up for buying a budget Jackson to help me continue my learning process, I am buying a KV2T in either Burnt Cherry Burst, Natural, or Trans Green when I get back as a present to myself for improving on guitar(and bringing my butt back safely)

The stock pickups will probably be okay but nothing special. As far as active pickups not working with modelers I do not aggree. I have Blackouts in my Charvel model 5 and they work fine with my Line 6 toneport and my Digi 11 Rack and my iRig and my PocketPod. If people are talking about them being too hot for good clean tones, I'd assume they didn't ever try turning the guitar volume down.

As far as tuners, the Schaller mini locking tuners are awesome. I use them on my RR1T and I am probably going to put them on all my guitars except one that already has Sperzels. I did have to slightly ream out the stock tuner holes to get the Schallers to fit so you may run in to the same issue with this guitar.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
    X