Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV5FR binding?

Hi,

(Yes I did do a search and only found five threads)

So I was one of the threads mentioned that the KV5FR's has binding, is this true?

I also saw one of the dealer sites (not one from here sadly) stated that at least the bolted one they were selling had binding. Is that special to the bolted steal or should the snow white with bacl bevels have it as well?

...off to drool
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

So far the only ones I've seen is the bolted steel graphic. Spencer4hire and I both got one. IIRC there was an RR5FR that had binding, and I've seen a KE3 with it too.
    I was trying to find an old thread where someone from Jackson had said to 'expect more binding on imports.' Never did find it, but I know its there somewhere.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I recently bought a JACKSON KV5FR KING V BLACK W/GLD PINSTRIPES and it did NOT have binding.
      addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

Some do, some don't. Apparently they are phasing this feature in.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There will be no binding on future bolt on or neck through imports. Jackson would never do that. Nobody would buy the USA models if they all had binding.

Comment

There are a bunch of models with binding now. Why would having more make a difference?
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by psychokissfan View Post
              There will be no binding on future bolt on or neck through imports. Jackson would never do that. Nobody would buy the USA models if they all had binding.
              Uhhh, wrong. They recently starting adding binding.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i think id buy a usa jackson for more than just some binding on the neck

Comment

Ahhhhhh....I knew my post would flush out the truth, I thought if I played Devils Advocate... Yada Yada... Its nice to see that the import line has been getting binding. IMO there a few import models where there should be white binding.. The Demmel is one (black binding just does not cut it.)

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
                    i think id buy a usa jackson for more than just some binding on the neck
                    +1

I agree, USA's have that added quality to them besides just cosmetic specs, having said that, I'll still buy the well made MIJ imports, they are great guitars overall.
                    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I really like this trend of adding more binding, because I think that Jacksons just don't look right without it. A lack of binding on an otherwise good Pro-series guitar puts me off buying it. So more binding on Pros is certainly good news as far as I'm concerned especially since I'm not really willing to spend the required cash for USAs at the moment.

I know a lot of people complain about rosewood and MOTO, but that doesn't bother me so long as there's binding. Well I prefer the maple and delrin combo, but I don't mind the rosewood. In fact, is it weird that I want a few more DK2Ms? :P
                      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Well what does suck is that I got a KV5FR without binding and all of a sudden they got binding?

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                          well what does suck is that i got a kv5fr without binding and all of a sudden they got binding?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1612[/ATTACH]

j/k
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Anyone know who is selling them with binding?

I'm thinking about buying a kv5fr as a few places have them on sale for $700 (black, $800 for white), which seems like a steel. But I'd much prefer having binding (probably not for $300 more though).

Comment

There's 1 on Ebay with a BIN or Best Offer. Make an offer for it, worst you'll get is a no, but there's less than a day left on the auction. Just make sure they send the one you want.
                              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                              X