Going rate for Soloist Pros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going rate for Soloist Pros?

The music store/pawn shop by my work has a Ferrari Red Soloist Pro for sale. I didn't get to look too closely at it as it was behind the counter and they were busy. From what I could see it looked to be in really good condition. I called them after I got back from lunch, and it has the original chainsaw case, and they want $799 for it. Is that a decent price for one in good shape? I'd love to own one, since everyone raves about the quality of the Pro series.
    Last edited by superduty01; 12-30-2010, 09:30 PM.

Especially in today's market, that may be a bit high. Unless it's in mint condition.

Although... I just looked at ebay completed listings and a Std went for $333 and a XL went for $610. Put it this way, it's more than I'd want to pay..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I agree with Warlok, in the current market a common Soloists will go for just at a grand. The Pro's seem to usually be just a little less, so if it's a good one, then that seems about right.

If if it's really nice and somehow different or more desirable to you than a more common USA Soloist then I would pay that much.

However, it being a pawn shop they're probably into it for $200 or so, so I'd take in 5 or 6 $100 bills and put them down on the counter and say "I can leave this here and take that guitar, or I can leave with the money I brought."

Comment

Yup six sounds like a good number.

Comment

Yeah if you go in with cash and hammer them with the fact that it is MIJ, you might snag it for six bills.

Comment

Cash talks at the pawn shop because half that shit is off the books anyway.

Comment

Fight for $500, settle for $600.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Yeah if you go in with cash and hammer them with the fact that it is MIJ, you might snag it for six bills.
                $799 is not bad for a MIJ Jackson. Steep but if the guitar is mint, a good deal I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Fight for $500, settle for $600.
                  This.

Absolutely this.

Comment

They go for between $500 to $600.

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
                      The music store/pawn shop by my work has a Ferrari Red Soloist Pro for sale. I didn't get to look too closely at it as it was behind the counter and they were busy. From what I could see it looked to be in really good condition. I called them after I got back from lunch, and it has the original chainsaw case, and they want $799 for it. Is that a decent price for one in good shape? I'd love to own one, since everyone raves about the quality of the Pro series.
                      as other have advised here, go in and check out the guitar. if its what you like and want, then take 5 $100 bills and lay them on the counter next to the guitar and see what they say. if its a pawn shop, they are into it cheap, and cash is king. they love cash.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Oh, and I never seem to find those $1000 used soloists that you guys mentioned you fukars must scoop them all up before me.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I have seen a few go for just under a grand, and a LOT go for just over a grand ($1100 for a trans blue flame top) but they're not Buy-It-Now they are auctions.

Comment

$500 + $30 shipping is what I paid for mine a couple months ago...$500 cash should seal the deal.
                            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                              Oh, and I never seem to find those $1000 used soloists that you guys mentioned you fukars must scoop them all up before me.
                              My SL1 was $ 620! (found on CL) Hee hee hee hee hee
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X