Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a little pricy for an Import?

Hey Guys,

Dying to get an old Jackson 1990's era pro, but bummed how much $$ they seem to be going for. Are these prices correct or way off the mark? I would think I could get a usa for this price maybe a little more. Thanks in advance. Link below is refinished rhoades pro that had a neck repair to boot, looks like total break on the headstock. Got to love the mop logo, that's why I want one, plus build quality for this era.

$775 shipped is a pretty descent price on a smoking hot axe. Not an EXTREME bargain but still a very fair price. If it was a black kelly I don't think I'd be able to help myself from hitting the BIN, but I have 3 RR's already.

That's not a neck repair. It's a low E headstock repair which is fairly common (I have a Fusion PRO neck with one). So not that big of a deal IMO.
    Last edited by DonP; 01-05-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
      I would think I could get a usa for this price maybe a little more.
      That's what I would think, esp with a repair of any kind. I'd not bite.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        $775 shipped is a pretty descent price on a smoking hot axe. Not an EXTREME bargain but still a very fair price. If it was a black kelly I don't think I'd be able to help myself from hitting the BIN, but I have 3 RR's already.

That's not a neck repair. It's a low E headstock repair which is fairly common (I have a Fusion PRO neck with one). So not that big of a deal IMO.
        Thanks for the retort, I really don't want it anyway, just trying to get an idea of what I'm in for. Lol I really want a fusion pro, an sl1 pro, or 750xl. I have a heavily modded ps4, among many other cheap guitars, and nothing comes close to my ps4, as far as playability. I've always been a Jackson guy, just can't afford a good one. I was thinking of trading my Rivera Quiana 2x12 for one, but that's a little crazy. Long story on how I got a hold of that, I traded 2 Marshall Anniversary 2x12's that I bought for 100 bucks a piece when I was a kid, crazy where things have come. I remember when no one liked Jackson's except for me, and a select few. Fender this, Gibson that, but nothing holds a candle to a beat to shit Charvel or Jackson, except maybe an OLD Gibson or Fender, but either NEVER play better. Just do re-fret and your set for another 20 years. Peace

Comment

That price is outrageous for that guitar. Its been molested, had the low e corner of the headstock broken off. Has been refinished, who knows how well that was done. Then look closely at the blurry pic of the zoom in on the headstock break area. Look how bad the masking job was done on the face of the headstock. Jagged, crooked lines on the binding, bleed-thru. No thanks. A near mint unmolested Rhoads pro is worth from $7-800. That guitar MAYBE $600 if someone really liked the color, but Id stay away from it personally.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I love how it says Rhoads Pro on the truss rod cover, yet the title of the auction says Rhodes. And the original poster here spelled it Rhoades. Fail X2! :ROTF:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I love how it says Rhoads Pro on the truss rod cover, yet the title of the auction says Rhodes. And the original poster here spelled it Rhoades. Fail X2! :ROTF:
              Yup, neither ps43203 nor doorknob deserve a Rhoads Pro now!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think that's a great price considering how high quality those guitars are. Almost as good as USA's, I've heard. I'd pay that for a 90's Jackson Pro.

Comment

Working...
                X