Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrior Professional 90-91... is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Professional 90-91... is it worth?

Hi there....

A friend of mine is considering selling his Warrior Pro.
    The guitar was abandonded for a long time and it is in really bad shape.

I have the oportunity of selling my DK2 mod to buy this one.
    I live in venezuela so it is very very hard to find Jackson pro's 90 -91.

here is the guitar:

It has mother of pearl logo and sharkfins

The serial number is J001011. The pots were missing, and so the JE-1500 EQ para mid.

It looks like it was original a ferrari red color, and then it was refinished black.

The frets have minor use and despite the rust and the missing electronics, it has no major cracks or damage to the body and neck. The biding has decoloured to a yellowish tone.

I know it will take money and time to restore it to its full glory...
    How much it is supposed to be a fair price for the guitar?
    and most important: It is worth it?

I really appreciate any feedback on this guitar...

Thanks in advance and please excuse my english...

Totally worth it.The necks on these guitars are worth their weight in gold...Anybody can have a DK2 now, not everyone can have an original Warrior...
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Any neckthrough Jackson from 1990-91 in playable condition is worth $1000 easily. Doesn't mean you have to pay that, or that you'll get that much if you sold it, but definitely worth it.

And the red undercoat might be primer, or it might have been refinished at the factory. Hard to say, and hard to tell from the pics.

Don't worry about the binding color. You'll never get it white again (or ivoroid - off-white) without harsh chemicals or damaging abrasives, so just leave it like it is. "Looks like new" is overrated, IMO.

Inspect the frets to see if they're playable or not. Huge dents and lifting out of the board means expensive problems. Also inspect the fretboard to make sure it isn't cracked. Some would say you can fill those cracks with ebony dust, but I've yet to see such a job that didn't look like shit.
      Not to mention you have to get this "magic dust" from the fretboard itself - like a failed skin graft.

Also check to make sure the neck isn't warped, if it's been sitting untouched for a long time (years).
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was thinking in a Black with White bevels refin guitar project.
        The body and neck are both in good conditions, with no cracks or bumps, and the frets show some wear, but nothing to worry about.
        Also I want to replace the old rusted parts, like the tuners and the schaller floyd.
        I don't know whre to buy all the black screws that are rusted and the best elctronics (pots, knobs, switches and wire), tuners (gotoh? schaller?) to make the guitar like new again, so please help me out pointing me to a store where I can buy (online) all the right stuff and parts for the guitar, and what to buy.
        Also there is the problem of the missing JE-1500 mid EQ. What should I put in?

I will appreciate any help, comment and ideas on how to approach this project and give this guitar the looks and playability it deserves.
        It is a shame that a guitar like this one is in this conditions.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You're not really missing anything in regards to the mid-sweep. It's neat as a pretend-wah, but nothing a real wah can't do better.

As for pots, you'll probably want the small-bodied mini pots rather than the big ones, and I'd not recommend the short shafts - they're pretty much limited to pickguards.

StewMac (www.stewmac.com) has a great selection of pots and such.

They also have Schaller Floyds which will retrofit the JT-590 that it came with, however they're a tad pricey compared to an OFR. You might be able to find the shorter bolts that lock in the string block for an OFR, which you'll need for that recess route. The Schaller trems already have them, but they won't work with OFR saddles, so you can't just swap them out.

And these also came with the Jackson Special 5-way switch, which could give you tons of different switching options. It's pretty much the same as the 5-way SuperSwitches you can also get from StewMac and other places. The only difference between them is the contact assignments, but there's plenty of diagrams online to be found for those. Jackson Special 5-ways are slightly harder to find (last time I looked), and as I said, the Fender Super 5-way thing is the same switch and easier to get.

Tuners are whatever you prefer - Schaller, Gotoh. No one of any importance is going to grade your tuner choice.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

$400 :d
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Newc's recommendations are absolutely correct, in my opinion. If the neck is in good shape, don't even hesitate to get this one. Heck, Warrior Pros are rare even in the USA.

Comment

Just found one on ebay. Starting price $899 + ship. Appears to be in good shape, much better than the one the OP posted. I'd buy it, but I don't need two identical guitars (bar the pickups).
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks Newc for all the help and advice.
                  I will be posting the progress of this project

Comment

Hi there.

Anyone has the wiring diagram of the Warrior Pro or know where I can find them?

Comment

Both Newc and Charvel750 have diagrams for this. I've just forwarded a PM to you.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I will find one of those at a good price some day.
                        |My CSG gallery|
                        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

It's a great guitar to have if for no other reason other than to fill out your collection. My minty one was worth every penny of the $220 I paid for it...lol. I've got a couple project guitars going right now, and I'd love to score a junker one of these to restore, but odds of coming across one are a million to one, so enjoy your project.
                          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Sup?
                            Matt is dead on,,,and these are awesome axes

MOSHON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Here's a site for everyone to check out. They have tons of screws and parts for old Jackson and Charvels, import and usa stuff. A good cleaning and setup and that guitar will run like a champ. http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X