Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been a nightmare trying to figure out what Model Rhoads I own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a nightmare trying to figure out what Model Rhoads I own.

I bought a Jackson Rhoads somewhere 12 to 15 years ago through musicians friend and can't remember for the life of me what model it is. I called musicians friend and they dont that far back with records. I called fender/Jackson, and was told The serial number info didn't come to Fender when they bought Jackson. The guy on the other end was trying to be helpful but I knew he was wrong because he told me it was a RX-10D (which came with chrome hardware (mine didn't and knowing mine came out before the x-series I knew he was off. I remember I got my Rhoads around the same time as when the Roswell came out so after searching through the various Jackson Catalogs throughout the years it appears I have the '96 RR3. I still wonder if anyone here can shed any light on this. I know for a fact I bought it somewhere 12 to 15 years ago and the serial # is 99090114. Ill add a few pics feel free to fire me some feedback. Bolt on neck/no pickguard/single volume control/3 way switch/licensed by jackson floyd rose/no name on humbuckers/shark fin inlays/all black hardware.

DX10 with black hardware?
    Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

DX10 is a Dinky. The lack of a pickguard and neckplate is a dead give-away, it's an RX10.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I'd say it's not a RX10D or a RR3 because they both came with JT580LP's. Yours has a JT500 trem. Everything on that guitar matches a Musiciansfriend only Dinky I had, a JDR-Pro (except body shape obviously). JT500, Kent Armstrong OEM pups, looks the same... (JDR was for Jackson Dinky Reverse headstock). Maybe called a JRR-Pro or something like that?? I'm just guessing here...
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Not an RR3... they have pickguards. I'd also say it's a Musician's Friend exclusive model. They did those from time to time.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Control layout says mid/late 90's RR3 (Pre 98 when they made it a front loader with a scratch plate).
            The trem is what's throwing it for me.
            It has a JT-500 on it which suggests it's a JS or X series Rhoads, but the black hardware doesn't jive with the model.

Must be an MF only run.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
              DX10 is a Dinky. The lack of a pickguard and neckplate is a dead give-away, it's an RX10.
              HAHAHA!!!! That is what I meant to say, but alas, I am about half brain dead lol!!
              Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Control layout says mid/late 90's RR3 (Pre 98 when they made it a front loader with a scratch plate).
                I thought the RR3 always had the pickguard/scratchplate and the RR4 was the one without.

Edit: You're correct, the RR3 was originally rear loaded (but said Professional on the headstock), as was the RR4, but the RR4 had dot inlays.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page02.jpg

Comment

That is an RR3 Pro from 1999.

Comment

So far.. out of extensive Google images digging. The RR3 in the 96
                    catalog is the closest match... I've also seen a JR20 or JS20 that seemed close but I don't know the years they were produced. I vividly remember the x series coming out after I owned it. And like I said the Roswell was introduced right around when I got it. RR3 might be the right answer ... it came with the hardshell case and I remember there were cheaper models than the one I got.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                      That is an RR3 Pro from 1999.
                      Nope. In '99, they had the pickguard. Plus, his has the JT500 trem and not the JT580LP.

Comment

Your right, maybe 97? 96 still says professional on the headstock. Must be a mutt?

Comment

I hated that clunky trem, I had one on my Ps4. You can retro fit a real floyd bar and will make it much better.

Comment

I still think it might be one of those Musician's Friend exclusive models. They did that for the Rhoads, Kelly, and a couple of Dinky models.

Comment

Is that a JT500? Did they always not have a Jackson logo? I have a KX10 from 2001 that originally came with a trem very similar to this one but in chrome...

Then i rebuilt the guitar and put in an OFR
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                              X