Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identification Assistance (Weird Fusion?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Assistance (Weird Fusion?)

I picked her up off Craigslist for $175. Based on my research, I can identify she is from Japan (based on the serial number being seven digits starting with a 9 on the bolt on plate). The headstock just says Jackson nothing else. It has black Jackson tuners. The back has the scalloped body and 22 frets, which makes me believe Fusion.

The two parts that are throwing me of are the three knobs. The bottom one is volume, the middle controls tone and the top one controls tone depending on the 5 switch combination (I haven't seen this combo anywhere). The other thing is the lack of a scallop cut on the top of the body were the neck meets the body. It's just a straight square cut.

Is this a Fusion? (Possibly a Fusion mutt?) If so, what year and model? (I know that's asking a lot)

Was that a decent price? (She plays like a dream. Honestly, I haven't touched my Strat since I brought her home)

This is my second Jackson (I have a Jackson/Charvel Bass) I'm an old fart still stuck on 80's metal music listening-wise and it is awesome having a axe like all my favorite bands. This is my first real tremolo and it is quit fun messing with that at volume.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Pics here

Scalloped back
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Straight cut front top body shot
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Tremolo

Weird tone and volume config

Straight body shot (they are mightmite p/u's)

22 frets means it is not a Fusion

It's a 375 or 475 or something like that.

My guess is a 475 because of the boost pot.

Comment

I definitely came to the right place. Thanks for the info. Can you tell me more about the boost?

Comment

Not a fusion they are 24 fret and the neck pickups are closer to the fretboard just for future reference.
        Last knob looks off line with the first two so maybe an added knob.
        Looks like a Korean mfg because of the wide spaced 12 fret dot markers. the pick ups are not Jackson.The trem is a Schaller knock off.
        Maybe a mutt too just with a Jap neck plate.
        Last edited by straycat; 02-05-2011, 11:14 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The trem say "licensed Under Floyd Rose Pattens" and the p/u are mightymite.

Comment

DonP, new user bigb stated "Jackson" on the headstock, so this is not a Charvel 375/475 guitar I'll have a closer look.

It could be a Charvel 375 body with an added middle knob (poorly aligned) + a non-USA/non-Japanese Jackson neck, as straycat mentioned.
            Last edited by jackson1; 02-05-2011, 12:41 PM.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

This explains why I couldn't match this with any pictures. So I'm looking at a mutt for sure. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigb View Post
                I definitely came to the right place.
                You certainly did. I'm still learning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Looks like a Korean mfg because of the wide spaced 12 fret dot markers.
                  Or Indian? Did Jackson ever have Korean made products? I always thought they skipped over Korea and went to India.

Comment

It's funny. With a korean neck, charvel? body, knock off tremolo, cheap mightymite pickups and it plays and sounds amazing. I'm going to throw this one to my eight and ten year old boys. I'm going to save up and get a "pure-breed" I can just imagine what that will be like. Gonna be pullin' Jackson's only off the rack at the guitar stores for sometime.

Comment

Looks like the floyd doesn't belong on there either
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Or Indian? Did Jackson ever have Korean made products? I always thought they skipped over Korea and went to India.
                        they did. They eventually shipped the Performer series to Korea, identifiable by wider spaced 12th fret dots. Apart from the PS4, obviously, because it has offset dots.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          .. identifiable by wider spaced 12th fret dots. Apart from the PS4, obviously, because it has offset dots.
                          Maybe the two dots in the 12th fret are wider apart compared to a Japanese Stealth? Ever thought of that, eh?!
                          Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                            Maybe the two dots in the 12th fret are wider apart compared to a Japanese Stealth? Ever thought of that, eh?!
                            good point. I'll have to measure up the dots on my Fusion Plus so I'm prepared for next time I encounter a Korean PS4
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Which hopefully will be... never!
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X