Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd!

Finally NGD for me!

I scored myself a near-mint Jackson Kelly KE3 in Eerie Dess Swirl.
    It is in pristine condition, except for a chip on the upper horn about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser, and a cracked pup ring, which was super glued.

This guitar was only used for about 1-2 weeks, then was put away in the case and forgotten about for about 2 years. The fretboard was all dried out and the frets themselves were tarnished, but a quick rubdown with 0000 steel wool and a light coat of mineral oil brought it back to life. There is zero fret wear on this guitar, since it was barely touched in its lifetime!

Serial number is 9691299, came with original hard shell case. Even still has the silica gel pack in the storage pocket of the case! It's the earlier version with the Duncan Designed Detonator pickups and the chrome hardware. I just need to locate a nice chrome trem arm that will fit it now.

I'm happy as can be. I got my favorite guitar style in my favorite finish, and it's in better condition than I thought it was going to be. This is definitely my keeper!

Last edited by DalyTek; 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
    I got my favorite guitar style in my favorite finish, and it's in better condition that I thought it was going to be.
    doesn't get much better than that! Congrats
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats!!!

Fack!!! That blue/purple-ish Eerie Dess Swirl, is soooo killer man!

Comment

Congratz! I need to get another Kelly in my collection!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really loving this guitar.
          I missed my old JK-20 Kelly that I traded a while back and set my heart on finding another Kelly.
          I did not think I was going to find an Eerie Dess KE3, at least not in my price range!
          I was also able to touch up the ding on the tip by using 2 different purples from my wife's vast array of nail polishes.
          You can barely tell that there was ever a chip there now, and that's only 'cause I know where to look!
          It's really hard to capture the true colors in this guitar's finish. It's much more vibrant than my pictures show.

Anyone have any idea on the year (RacerX?) of this guitar?
          I can always check the neck the neck pocket when I get myself a set of Elixirs to put on it I guess.
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

i have the exact some one, theyre the shit

Comment

It's a beaut, Clark!!!!
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

except mine has black hardware

Comment

I think I'm gonna order a chrome trem arm and a set of chrome pickup rings for it.
                  For now, these DD pups will have to do. I spent all my budget on the guitar and got nothing left to buy parts.

Comment

+1 on the nail polish works like a charm for touch ups like that.Cool score!
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                      it's
                      its

Serial number is 9691299,
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        its

Thanks (and fixed) and thanks!

Comment

I've always liked the EDS graphic. It's one of the graphics the other brands can't copy or at least I haven't seen a decent one from another brand..
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Ia the EDS finish a graphic or a paint finish? It is my understanding that they are painted, making every EDS finish unique.
                            Is that correct, or is it a graphic that is applied (similar to a photo flame finish) under the clear coat?

Comment

they are painted. I guess it would be considered a finish because it's not a graphic in a classic sense. All Jackson's graphics are painted however. They don't do the "screenprint under clear" thing
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X