Jackson project questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson project questions

Got a DK2 Eerie Dess body off the bay and picked up a clean DK2M off craigslist for a couple hundy. My plan is to remove the neck, JT580 bridge, bridge pickup and electronics and transplant them into this DK2 body so I can have the maple fretboard on the Eerie Dess body. A couple things have come up before I tackle this.
    The whole family so far:

1. Neck screws torque. Just tighten till snug or is there a set spec?
    2. What single & middle pickup to use with this JB from the DK2M?
    3. Better to upgrade NOW to a real Floyd or does it really matter as I am a bedroom musician?
    I have seen alot of videos about the sustainer pickup. This would be AWESOME, but is it worth the cost?
    I am looking for some feedback on the singles. I have read the search results till I am ready to puke. A little help please?

1 - Tight enough for neck to not move. The maple is pretty hard and doesn't strip easy, unless you're being ridiculous with it.
    2 - I like a Duckbucker (M) and Little '59 (N) with the JB in my Model 6 and Soloist Pro.
    3 - I like JT580LP's. Never had a problem with them. And IMHO, OFR's look shitty in the JT580LP route..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

So....I have picked up a SD cool rails & vintage rails pickup from over on the sevenstring.org forum. Opinions on where to put each one as far as neck or middle? I have listened to both on the seymour duncan site and seem to think the vintage sounds a little more twangy and the cool rails a little more '70ish. I will be using the JB in the bridge from the DK2M.

Comment

Working...
      X