Jackson DK2 Pre Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 Pre Fender

Hi i have a Jackson DK2 Dinky pre fender buy out. It has the crimson swirl finish and I upgraded to EMG Pickups. Im going to list it on ebay, but im not sure what I should price it at or set my reserve for. Im not trying to bypass the classified system here, I just really dont know what I should try to get out of the guitar. If anyone has any insight as to what I should price it at let me know. Thanks

Pre-Fender buyout means nothing, its the same plant/people building them. If you have the original pups, put them back in and sell the EMGs seperate. Some used ones I see on Ebay start around $3-400, graphic finishes go not much higher. It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it, but I would be pretty sure you'll not get what you've got in it.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Well hold on now, it does gives us an idea of when it was built and color of hardware . Does it have the chrome hardware or the older matte silver hardware ? It won't change the value, but you might get someone looking for hardware color. I myself would pay an xtra 50$ for the early matte silver hardware. I find it looks great and there are so few of them around compared to chrome and black that it sticks out in my collection. Anyways like scooter said, pre or post fender means nothing except for year, but craftsmanship did not change.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
        Pre-Fender buyout means nothing.

Yes it does
        it SEVERLY diminishes the price being older than a Fender era Jackson
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I think the pre-fender had takeuchi trems with are better than the current trems but the pickups aren't as good.

Comment

What's the ser #?

How do you know it's [disgusted voice] "Pre-Fender" ?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by salbenze View Post
              Hi i have a Jackson DK2 Dinky pre fender buy out. It has the crimson swirl finish and I upgraded to EMG Pickups. Im going to list it on ebay, but im not sure what I should price it at or set my reserve for. Im not trying to bypass the classified system here, I just really dont know what I should try to get out of the guitar. If anyone has any insight as to what I should price it at let me know. Thanks
              List it for .99 no reserve and you'll find out. I'd say $250-$300.

Comment

Fender bought Jackson in 2002. I have a 2000 and 2007 DK. Neck pocket stamping look the same to me.

Comment

Working...
                X