Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail brother.I got a new Jackson. Please Help Me to Identify

Hail people .

I got a new one '' old'' grover jackson . The guitar is amazing , i have never played on one guitar too powerfull like this . I have two another guitars , booth are in B , but this , the song is too heavy and clean , it is in E , i dont will change .

Please help me to identify . The serial number is 503305 .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for all .

It's a Grover Jackson Kelly... made for the Japanese market. The Grover Jackson line eventually turned into the Jackson Stars line.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I want to know the year it was made . The serial starts with 5 . The year is 1995 ? Thanks !

Comment

Probably a 95, thats around when they used the Takeuchi trem. Also note the MOP inlays, also phased out shortly after then as well.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Probably a 95, thats around when they used the Takeuchi trem. Also note the MOP inlays, also phased out shortly after then as well.
          Thanks for the answer . Rob . Its like a Professional XL jackson made ins 1995 ? Do you have an ideia how much does it cost ? Thanks .

Comment

Hi there . I solved the puzzle . My guitar has a JT-580LP , and his year is 1995 . The serial starst with 5 . ok . In this audiozone.dk .

This is a guide to japanese guitars according with this site and with the caracteristics of my guitar , this is the same of a Jackson Professional XL guitar . According to this site it costs US 995 .

Now , this is the price of a Jackson guitar with the same caracteristics . My guitar GROVER jackson , only for Japan Market , its more expensive than a jackson kelly pro xl ? I think so . Any idea ?

Thanks !

Comment

I would guess in resale a 'regular' Kelly XL would either sell faster or a little higher
              Kelly pro XL has a Schaller Floyd and no headstock logo that makes potential buyers go :think:
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                I would guess in resale a 'regular' Kelly XL would either sell faster or a little higher
                Kelly pro XL has a Schaller Floyd and no headstock logo that makes potential buyers go :think:
                I agree . One thing . According with audiozone.dk thw JT-580LP Low Profile (is possibly Schaller) . My guitar has a takeuchi one .

All Takeuchi produced bridges used on Jackson and Charvel guitars are made in Japan. Japan has a highly skilled metal industry and the Takeuchi units benefit from that. The metal is hardened correctly and the precision is comparable to Schaller units. Many, if not all Charvette 270's came with this trem.

Comment

The Takeuchi trems are generally on-par with Schaller trems, even the "hated" lo-pro trems.

Your guitar is not more valuable than a Kelly Professional XL from 1995. If anything, it's less valuable because of the logo, which most people don't know.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think the head stock is sweet man!!!

Congrats on the Cherry AXE!!!

How do these play is the body jabbing at you all the time?
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

3 things -
                      #1 - I would disagree that the Takeuchi is on par with a Schaller but that's just my opinion and they are nice trems. But then again, I like most JT580LP's...
                      #2 - Be careful in your wording. "Professional" is the series of guitar. Inside that series were Standard, XL, and Pro. Kelly Pro is neckthrough. "Pro" is thrown around quite a bit and is often confusing as to if someone is talking about a Professional or an actual Pro.
                      #3 - Nice guitar!!
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                        3 things -
                        #1 - I would disagree that the Takeuchi is on par with a Schaller but that's just my opinion and they are nice trems. But then again, I like most JT580LP's...
                        #2 - Be careful in your wording. "Professional" is the series of guitar. Inside that series were Standard, XL, and Pro. Kelly Pro is neckthrough. "Pro" is thrown around quite a bit and is often confusing as to if someone is talking about a Professional or an actual Pro.
                        #3 - Nice guitar!!
                        I agree with you . The Japan Kelly professional PRO , have a neckthrough body and a schaller floyd , the JT590 . The body is poplar wings and the fingerb is ebonybound . And the price is amazing . US 1595 !

Comment

Yo, Sac!

Your axe is worth $300 - 400.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Yo, Sac!

Your axe is worth $300 - 400.
                            How do you know that ?

Comment

Originally posted by SacrificetH View Post
                              How do you know that ?
                              Because Grovers just dont bring that much. I have 2 Neckthru Grover Soloist's and paid less than 300 for each one.. Actually Ron is being a little Generous with that LOL..

On the other hand its a nice find. looks all orginal too.. they dont show up to often here in the states but when they do. they never fetch more than 300 ive seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X