Help Me Identify My Jackson Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify My Jackson Please

Hello. I have a left-handed Jackson. It looks like a Dinky of some sort, but it has three knobs on it. The serial number is 9802605.

Thanks for any help.

Serial numbers are no help to me. Maybe someone else.

I need a picture. You need to have a web site like photobucket then link the pictures here.

With three knobs does it have some sort of active circuit? Does it take batteries?

Comment

This is a sticky at top of Charvel forum; maybe we should have it on Import Jacksons, too. Same reply ...er...applies...

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      Please note that the Charvel import models cannot be identified solely by a serial number. While it is possible to determine whether it is a neck-thru or a bolt-on, please supply information such as pickup configuration, knob configuration, tremolo, and neck construction.
      I'll add: type of headstock, and if it's reverse, plus any other details. Details are great. Pics are great.

The ser# tells me it was made in the Japan factory recently...

Oh, and welcome....
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        This is a sticky at top of Charvel forum; maybe we should have it on Import Jacksons, too. Same reply ...er...applies...

I'll add: type of headstock, and if it's reverse, plus any other details. Details are great. Pics are great.

The ser# tells me it was made in the Japan factory recently...

Oh, and welcome....
        LOL! nicely done my friend

Comment

Sorry about the lack of details. I've been playing guitar for almost a decade now, and I still have yet to learn about the actual construction and electronics of guitars. (I was always a "plug in and play" type.)

Anyways, what I can tell is that it has:
          -HSS pickup configuration
          -Pointy headstock (I don't know if it's reversed or not. The guitar is a lefty and the headstock points down toward the floor when I hold it.)
          -gold-colored Floyd Rose Original

Thanks for any help.

Comment

You said three knobs. Surely, there must be a switch there too. For example 2 knobs and 1 switch. Or 3 knobs and a switch. The knob + switch config is a big help in finding the model. You could also start clicking around here and see if you can narrow it down a bit more. Start by looking at the most recent Jackson catalogs: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...son_Charvel%2F
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'll guess modded DK2L

JacksonDK2LDinkyElectricGuitar.jpg

Comment

It might be a DK2L. I bought it at a yard sale sale for $70, and the lady selling it knew nothing about it.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Nice score! Let's see the pics!

Comment

It looks just like the one in that pic, except it's orange and has a few tiny dents in it. Sounds awesome though!

(I'd post a picture, but I don't have a computer camera. I'm not very good with computers lol.)

Comment

Working...
                    X