Jackson DX2 from around 1995 or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DX2 from around 1995 or so

Any of you folks remember these? My bud at work has had one for a long time and just pulled it out the other day for a little variety. He doesn't know much about it and knows that I really dig the Jackson/Charvel guitar brand so he started asking me about it. To be honest today was the 1st time I had ever heard of a DX2.
    Are they decent?
    Are they shit?
    Electronics are supposedly Jackson labeled Kent Armstrong pickups.
    Trem is supposed to be a Takeuchi made JT-580 which I guess are pretty good?
    I told him what I could like I am pretty sure that it is a photo finish (picture of a figured top applied to the guitar). Anything anyone has heard about these?

This is the same guitar as his (just a hair less than 1/2 way down the page). Purple burst Jackson:

I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Here's a little info on the DX2.
    http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page09.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had one for a while, I thought it was a pretty solid axe, gravure top or not.

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

The hell is gravure
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Like a photo flame.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If those HB's (JA213, JA214) are the same as the "oem only" Kent Armstrongs in the MF exclusive JDR-Pro I had (M213, M214) then they are IMO the worst pickups I've ever heard. Wrap a single in a HB cover, cut in 1/2, remove a magnet, space it about an inch from the strings, cut a wire, and you have about double the power of those POS's.. But that's just my opinion...
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
              If those HB's (JA213, JA214) are the same as the "oem only" Kent Armstrongs in the MF exclusive JDR-Pro I had (M213, M214) then they are IMO the worst pickups I've ever heard. Wrap a single in a HB cover, cut in 1/2, remove a magnet, space it about an inch from the strings, cut a wire, and you have about double the power of those POS's.. But that's just my opinion...
              WOW so they're totally custom then?

Comment

Curious what the ser # is
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Curious what the ser # is
                  I'll ask him tomorrow

Comment

I think someone around here was selling one on CL a few weeks back. He wanted $175 for it. He had no idea what year or model it was. These are the pics he sent me and they look like a DX2 to me (judging from the catalog scan linked above).

Comment

Cool, thanks Codex. So it appears that MIJ bolt-on Jacksons of this era have 6 digit serials, first digit indicating year.
                      (6xxxxx = 1996)
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X